UT 2004 Demo

why not use sisoft sandra 2002 instead of this program and this hot cpu tester program doesnt seem to support windows me,xp,or 2000

This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar03.webp

1352 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-02-01
so , i already downloaded the demo (4hours) and wanted play a new game...mhhh.....
whats new?.....new maps, new game-types...ok
but where is the graphic improvement?
here´s a shot:

what do u think about UT2004?
i would silencely say, it´s only an expansion!?!

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register

This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

assets/images/contentteller/avatar_disabled.webp

0 Posts
Location -
Joined -
expansion ???
expansion is too much !!
its UT2k3 v 2.0 nothing more

BUT

it got rebalanced and 2004 makes more fun then 2003 even though there is no difference on first side ... its really UT2k3 v2.0 with new maps

data/avatar/default/avatar02.webp

500 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-02-09
humm .. i hav a sweet spot for Unreal 2k3 .. een if i download 2k4 , on what am i gonna play .. Gf2MX . LOL

The looks cool . my 2nd fav weapon .. sniper , guess whats my 1st fav ,... Rocket Launcher baby :)

data/avatar/default/avatar01.webp

501 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-11-19
I think its awesome, they brought back my sniper rifle, im so happy with it.
the new game types are nice, and the graphics are SHARPER as heck, plus, they look alot more detailed.

11 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-04-16
You realy wanna know what the new GameTypes and Maps come from?

Assualt Game Mode was in the ORIGINAL UNREAL TOURNAMENT

as you said UT2K4 is basicly UT2K3 V2, but its like all the fun from the First one put back in the game as UT2K3 they took them out to make you play the New Ones, so they could get feedback to see weather or not people will bother playing new Game Modes/Types they can come up with.

Because i can bet 2005 version they'll probly be some more Made up Game Types, just like they made up Bombing Run.

As well the Moving Vehicles, was in ORIGINAL UNREAL TOURNAMENT (Not the ones u can control) and the new ones u can Controll where ment and are in UT2K3 but wherent finnished as they ran out of time,

Simple put it this way with if being yearly what ever they done put in this Year will be in Next Years Version ;)

48 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-11-16
System requirements plz ...

1352 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-02-01
OP
Operating System: Windows® 98/Me/2000/XP
Processor: Pentium® III or AMD Athlon 1.0 GHz processor or faster (1.5 GHz or faster processor recommended)

Memory: 128 MB RAM minimum (256 MB recommended)

Hard Disk Space: 3.5 GB free

Video: Any Windows-compatible video card(NVIDIA GeForce 2 or ATI Radeon with at least 64 megs of video memory recommended.) Sound: Windows®-compatible sound card. NVIDIA® nForce or other motherboards/soundcards containing the Dolby® Digital Interactive Content Encoder required for Dolby Digital audio. DirectX®: DirectX® version 8.1(included)or higher

Multiplayer: Internet (TCP/IP) and LAN (TCP/IP)play supported. 33.6K baud modem or broadband Internet connection recommended

http://www.gamesunit.de/pcms/artikel.pcms?...=3896&showall=1

0 Posts
Location -
Joined -
You realy wanna know what the new GameTypes and Maps come from?

Assualt Game Mode was in the ORIGINAL UNREAL TOURNAMENT

as you said UT2K4 is basicly UT2K3 V2, but its like all the fun from the First one put back in the game as UT2K3 they took them out to make you play the New Ones, so they could get feedback to see weather or not people will bother playing new Game Modes/Types they can come up with.

Because i can bet 2005 version they'll probly be some more Made up Game Types, just like they made up Bombing Run.

As well the Moving Vehicles, was in ORIGINAL UNREAL TOURNAMENT (Not the ones u can control) and the new ones u can Controll where ment and are in UT2K3 but wherent finnished as they ran out of time,

Simple put it this way with if being yearly what ever they done put in this Year will be in Next Years Version

yeah thats right ... 2k4 is 2k3 + more fun

500 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-02-09
more screenies please :)

1352 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-02-01
OP
why don´t u try to play the demo, or u have no broadcast internet?
on GF2mX u can play it maybe at 640x480 and lowest details *smile*

1352 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-02-01
OP
ok....here are some pics...

btw....the screenshots are resized by photbucket....originaly they look MUCH BETTER !! *smile*

614 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-03-21
yeah thats right ... 2k4 is 2k3 + more fun

Well isn't that the point?
Isn't every sequel meant to be the old one but with "more fun" (The actual point in games - screw realism) :P

0 Posts
Location -
Joined -
no I think its not normal ..... at least not nowadays since at least 75% of all released games are just BS
same with UT ... I mean .... doom 2 --> doom 3 thats an improvement .... WC2 ---> WC3 thats an improvement .... but UT2k4 ? thats just selling a patch for full game price ...
look at SoF1 for example .... patch 1.06 totally reworked the game and it does not cost a single € but this ???
all ppl. want to kill MS if they wan't money for next windows release even though there are many hours of work ... but huh ? a more ugly menu ... some balancing and new maps for full game price ?

614 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-03-21
Ok. Doom 2 to Doom 3 -> space of about 10 years. WC2 to WC3 -> space of 5 or so years. They had more than enough time. In this instance they had one year. One year. Thats like asking the next Fifa release to be earth shattering - which they never are. In the end, you get what you pay for, and if you aren't happy about a "patch for full game price", I'm sure the developers will get money from people looking for a game with more fun in it. :P

0 Posts
Location -
Joined -
those games were just extreme examples ...
its just all about profit ... the game itselfe does not count anymore ... I remember games where ppl. had fun in making them ...
like Blood 2 or SiN ... or Blizzard games ...

shame on game industry!
STOP selling bugs
STOP selling 1-day-games
GIVE games more time to devellop!
STOP thinkin grafics make a game - but not as some (the ugly = the better)
ASK users !!!
leak more alphas!
(lemme be betatester ... and give my comment ... in my opinion many games would be way better then ...)
so much games just have so much obvious faults .. thats not normal

but most important
MAKE GAMES FOR THE ORIGINAL SENSE OF "GAME" ... !!! TO PLAY !!! this will result in profit ... building games for profit is the wrong way and it simply does not work ... just like movie industry .... why wonder that P2P gets more and more popular when everything gets more and more expensive while production cost are at a minimum level ...

1352 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-02-01
OP
huh ...i love my mertsch ....

all right said....
but the circle:
good games - more p2p - bad games - much more p2p - more bad games
price ok (40€)- no cost - price bad(50€)- no cost - bad price (50€+)

so, if they begin to make better games for a good price, p2p would maybe almost die, because everybody wants good games for a good price, or?

that´s my opinion

0 Posts
Location -
Joined -
P2P will for sure never die ... but ...
lets take an example
LotR - I got to watch the first film in cinema cause of all the hype about it ... and I disliked it ... BUT when part 2 came out I still walked to the cinema because it was just awesome ... now I haven't seen part 3 up to now but I would never think of downloading this (even if there would be a full DVD backup) since I want to watch this in cinema ...
same for Terminator 3 ... or Minority Report and so on
but I am so lucky that I have watched pirates of the c. on DVD @ friends TV ... such a hype about that film and huh ? what a BS - gay actor - not any real action - no horror - not even erotic - just a typical RTL2 movie
and thats why I have to got to cinema ?
there are many many more
same with games ... lets take Enter the Matrix Pay for that ??? even play it for free ??? what a BS game ... first I thought whooooo 5.1 sound thats really cool but after playing 5 minutes the game got deleted and never put back a feet on PC
while games like Starcraft are even nowadays simply make fun and it has been supported for many years .... its still now but effort are at minimum for sure
I can inset my original CD ... instal it and have lotsa fun ... name me some a bit older gamer where you can do the same ... else then CS or project nomads
and HL is also in the middle .... great game but since winXP and all those patches the game does not work correctly anymore ... missing body / pieces ... missing blood ... remember those monster producing that attack sound ? they do not work correctly and many more ... anyone try to fix that ??? blizzard would ...

0 Posts
Location -
Joined -
up to now I own all those games since I know ... blizz games rock and they will work even in 1 year or 2 ... I can count on that and thats waht missing !!!
oh and another argument .... what do ppl. exspect ?
whats is the difference betwenn a copy (illegal or not) and the package you can buy ?
a DVD case ? you can by for some cent at any store
an inly you can print a home
a PDF manual on CD
1000 registration formulas

so tell me why I have to buy that .... where is the whooo thats cool feeling" where is encouragement to buy something of the product to have it complete .... to have a full colored MAP to have a guide with tips or to have just a damn cool package with BonusCD when everythign else the advertising is on that CD (yeah its on the CD, too) in a fuckin ordinary DVD case ???????????????

1352 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-02-01
OP
ok....very good arguements !!!

but, i buy a great game like COD, Gothtic2, Mohaa, Spellforce because i want to play it via internet and the priated key won´t work in multiplayer and the next thing, almost ever u can´t install a patch without the original .exe and if u don´t own them, u can´t almost never patch, or the other thing in Gothic2 u can´t install the addon without the original .exe
that´s why i buy a game....

ok ... i´m downloading a demo of the game, maybe sometimes the "Big Demo", but when the game is great, then i run to the next store to buy it and then i can play without anythings like, "no valid cd key"

614 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-03-21
In the end mertsh agreed with me - we want fun. Screw them if they can't make the game fun. We need games like the classics, UFO, some good old fun like Doom, Dune 2, and Wolfenstein, more of games like Cannon Fodder, Blood (the first one was the one I liked most ), and recently the only games I really enjoyed going into were Deus Ex, the UT series (they were all fun to me), Generals (Never played a strategy game quite so much, bar XCOM/UFO), and perhaps I could include Raven Shield.

Other titles worth mentioning would probably be the original C&C and RA1 (damn that was fun ), Z - DAMN that game rocked, Duke Nukem 3D (again, all the fun ), and Warcraft 1 and 2. The third one just didn't quite cut it for me, but thats probably because I'm useless at it now

Either there go my classics list - for all the fun and sleepless nights they brought me

Add more games to the list that you think I may have forgotten, or tell me which you don't agree with

500 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-02-09
hummm

I also enjoyed Renegade