drivers 56.55

hi everyone, im a newbie here, and i dont really know very much about thech stuff, but im a fast learner. . . the thing is that i dont get all the options i should have in the nvidia tab, like the direct3d, opengl, not even the new overclocking option.

This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar03.webp

1 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-02-18
hi everyone, im a newbie here, and i dont really know very much about thech stuff, but im a fast learner... the thing is that i dont get all the options i should have in the nvidia tab, like the direct3d, opengl, not even the new overclocking option... i dont know why it happens but it does, ive reinstalled the driver a couple of times... maybe is couse of my video card? i have a gforce fx 5200 msi vtd128.. well, hope somebody answers...

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register

This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

91 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-05-21
Did you uninstall the previous drivers? It's been a while since I owned an NVidia card but as I recall, you need to be very careful about that. There's a program on Driver Haven called "Driver Cleaner" that's excellent at removing drivers. Here's the link -
http://www.driverheaven.net/cleaner/

Just go through the normal process of removing the drivers via Control Panel/Add Remove and then run Driver Cleaner to clean up the mess that NVidia leaves behind. I do the same thing whenever I install a new ATi driver and it works extremely well. Driver Cleaner can handle a fairly broad range of drivers (ATi, NVidia, Creative, Turtle Beach, etc.) so it's fairly useful in that respect.

Also, since the driver version you're trying to install and use is NOT available directly from NVidia (I think they're current version is something like 53.03 or 53.04), it's probaby a BETA driver so don't expect it to look/work/act the same as the "official" drivers. Good luck.

Later.

data/avatar/default/avatar04.webp

2 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-02-18
actually these drivers are whql certified they are from gainward
they gave me a 10%-15% increase
they are prolly some of the best drivers i have used in a long while
nvidia is starting to get it down

i was using the 53.06s

assets/images/contentteller/avatar_disabled.webp

0 Posts
Location -
Joined -
from which detonator have you upgraded ?

48 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-11-16
actually he's right! there is no seperate d3d or opengl tab in these drivers. The auto-overclocking option is avaibable only if u got temperature sensors on ur graphics board.
Plz use nvhardpage and enable (activate) all the tabs in case you get none of them.

data/avatar/default/avatar04.webp

2 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-02-18
you can use riva tuner for ocing your card with no problems get it at rivatuner.com or guru3d.com

1352 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-02-01
i don´t use any tools like Riva Tuner, Powerstrip for overclocking or something, another tool that uses resources...

best way is Coolbits !!

1352 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-02-01
ähem....the little prog on ur site IS COOLBITS

or am i so stupid now?.....i don´t know

*smile*

0 Posts
Location -
Joined -
as I said its an alternative to adding coolbits by .reg file ... this has a GUI for noobs

1352 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-02-01
ahhh....ok...sorry i misunderstud you...what a blame

0 Posts
Location -
Joined -
;)
just check out the other tools like stop messanger spam or prefetch clen n control ....
everything can be done by hand
but those tools do it quite well, too