Problems with FX5900

Got a IC7-G with a Leadtek FX5900 and Bluetooth Mouse, consistent noise from the card!!!! when using the wheel on the mouse, IRQ's were at 16 for mouse and USB, fixed that but no joy.

This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar04.webp

1 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-07-11
Got a IC7-G with a Leadtek FX5900 and Bluetooth Mouse, consistent noise from the card!!!! when using the wheel on the mouse, IRQ's were at 16 for mouse and USB, fixed that but no joy. Doesn't happen until you install the detonators though.

If anyone has the same problem.......?

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register

This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar01.webp

118 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-07-16
Whose make of card are u using, various problems with MSI FX5900 & Ultras have been reported on their forums, the general fix/workaround seems to be use AGP @ 4X as their is an issue with using AGP 8X on the FX5900 GPU?

Dont really know if this is relevent to your problem, but just a thought

Update - read this thread at MSI forums www.msi.com.tw/program/e_service/forum/thread.php?threadid=23438&boardid=9&styleid=1&sid=305a6fbf3905ceaebe8e95568d7eee98 seems it is a general FX5900 GPU pronlem which nVidia is looking into...!

115 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-01-20
All I can say is - egg on face nVidia! :oops:

data/avatar/default/avatar04.webp

516 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-06-25
LoL :)

501 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-11-19
you ATI boys are one to talk when it comes to driver problems,
any nvidia haters posting in here, will have posts deleted

Break Yo Self Foo

118 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-07-16

Break Yo Self Foo

Good one nike, perhaps i'll post some threads from other foroums with all the probs peeps experience with ATi cards on different systems and with drivers..!

as for my FX5900 ULTRA its gone back for replacement...Why cos it came with the reference nVidia heatsink and as my supplier had qouted to supply the one with the twin flow cooling system/red pcb and the board was faulty (cracked PCB as identifird by the supplier) so they agreed to replace it straight away.

The knockers ought to take a look around other forums ad will see that many peeps are gettin these cards and are well pleased and i,pressed with the performabce..!

data/avatar/default/avatar02.webp

139 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-01-19

Break Yo Self Foo

Well, we really don't have too many driver problems anymore, just, for example, the fact that my Radeon 9700 All in wonder didn't work with my Abit KX7, necessitating the purchase of hundreds of dollars more in parts :

But hey, the performance is worth it ; )

139 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-01-19
glowworm...
I was not aware corsair had 3200 with that latency, the lowest i've seen is their LL modules which are 2-3-2-6

118 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-07-16
glowworm...
I was not aware corsair had 3200 with that latency, the lowest i've seen is their LL modules which are 2-3-2-6

They dont, its what i set it to in the BIOS under expert settings and upping the voltage to 1.8 gives stability - had it runnin like this for 3 months with no problems.

139 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-01-19
ah, gotcha ;)

118 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-07-16
Oh and before any one suggests that this may be causing the problem with the FX, i set everythong back to default on installation of any new hardware.

Interestlingly i have been getting some responses from other forums and those with FX5900 ULTRAs by Creative & Gainward all are statin they dont have problems with AGP 8X or the noise thing.

Also got a PM from a guy with the same MSi card and he had exactley the same problem with screen corruption so its starting to look like MSI are shipping out duff cards? ..also ther tech support are reluctant to respond to my polite emails outlining the problem...!

42 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-12-13
I think that the problem is in MSI cards. It is not nVidia's fault.

501 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-11-19
When I purchase a product, I dont expect to have to sink a crap load of money into my computer to get it to work!

139 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-01-19
Welcome to the real world; what you expect is not always what transpires.

501 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-11-19
but for a video card....... Seriously

139 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-01-19
The top 3 lines of my specs are a result of my video card upgrade; furthermore, my sound card stopped working as well. After 7 or 8 weeks, I still haven't gotten it back from RMAing it to Creative.

I still wonder if it wasn't a result of my overclocking; I unlocked my processor and was running at a 175 MHz FSB for a while (with my FSB/AGP/PCI @ 5:2:1). I will never know for sure.

data/avatar/default/avatar03.webp

16 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-08-27
sounds more like a mouse driver problem to me than a video card issue and whatta ya know......out come the ATI boys the very next post about how better thier card is than an nvidia.........pure crap!!
this past friday I got a 5900 and it is sweeeeeeet...........and no issues to speak of at all.....well worth the wait and if you can afford one.........get one...you wont be disappointed.

this card runs very cool and very very quiet........so forget about all this crap you may here from the ATI crowd about how noisy they are....thats all pure crap too.

hope you get your issue resolved soon.