BSOD with new Nvidia 45.23 drivers in Windows XP Pro SP1

Nvidia 5800 Ultra: When playing Vietcong then immediately getting out of this game and starting up Battlefield 1942 creates - Blue Screen Of Death in the display driver nv4_disp.

This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar03.webp

138 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-02-03
Nvidia 5800 Ultra:

When playing Vietcong then immediately getting out of this game and starting up Battlefield 1942 creates - Blue Screen Of Death in the display driver nv4_disp.dll.

I'm talking about a full memory dump...

Just wondering if anyone else can create this with the newest driver and this same senario???

Start one game Quit then go to another game and Start game with this driver and with any Nvidia video card...

Also wondering if it can be created with any game and any Nvidia card???

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register

This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar01.webp

501 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-11-19
Ive yet to have a problem with these drivers...
Maybe you should wait some time before starting a new game!

data/avatar/default/avatar02.webp

42 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-12-13
Nikemzrine, im very sorry, but u didnt give a guy a good advice The worst thing that should happen on his machine when doing that is that he waits a litle longer for Battlefield to start. I mean, imageine a PC that will respond with BSOD everytime u run few commands in a row. Cellar-dweller i think that u should reinstall drivers. First use some software to completely remove drivers and then install the new ones. If that doesnt work u should try to completely reinstall windows.

p.s. is your card overclocked?

Ill do more research and notify u

138 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-02-03
OP
I agree... I work in the computer field and figured it was probably because a process was still running in the back ground when I switched from one game to another and thus the error.

Just wondering if anyone else could create the problem. It only happened once, but was associated with the driver.

I've never had that problem before these drivers, I switch from one to another to another all the time usually from BF - Nascar 2003 - Raven Shield - Vietcong and that has never happened before and without any waiting.

Also I have used NFR.exe and removed all Nvidia drivers for both my motherboard and video card because I have an NFORCE 2 A7N8X Deluxe.

Then I did a repair on XP because NFR obviously went deeper than I thought and removed something for the mobo and I wasn't able to install my video card.

The Blue screen happened though before the repair.

I finally got my RMA'ed 5800 Ultra back from PNY and replaced my 5600 Ultra.

But thanks for the replies but it was a clean slate install of the drivers...

I have another problem for anyone that wants to reply...

Windows 2003 Server with Geforce 2 Ultra and the new drivers or any drivers for that matter even the ones installed by the OS when running Direct X any version the default version installed with OS and now 9.0b creates blue screen of death STOP ERROR when running tests with DXDIAG always does it during test Directdraw and when the cube bounces in box, sometimes gets past the little box, but rarely then does it full screen can do it either place but every single time.

363 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-04-11
9.0b creates blue screen of death STOP ERROR when running tests with DXDIAG always does it during test Directdraw and when the cube bounces in box, sometimes gets past the little box, but rarely then does it full screen can do it either place but every single time.

uhhh maybe u should get SP1 1039 but i dont think it helps.
o get no BSOD when running Dxdiag...maybe try to install another agp driver or disable fast writes in bios... :cry:

138 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-02-03
OP
Actually I have disabled the fast write in bios... That still did not help...

I had to disable that on both my Abit KT7-RAID boards the one with Windows 2003 Server and a Geforce 2 Ultra and the other system has Windows 98SE with a Geforce 4 4600 Ti...

On the Windows 98SE system I had to, because with it ENABLED it would lock up my system after running a screen saver and allowing the monitor to shut down or right after or during a 3D Game...

I've tried the default one installed with the OS, the Nvidia 44.03, and it currently has the 45.23 installed and I even had the 45.24 on it for a week none of those drivers changed anything or fixed the BSOD's...

As far as the latest Service Pack, I installed the last one and of course when you do you can't use Windows Update because your system states it is newer, so I un-installed the Service pack and will just wait for the Full Released version of the Service Pack before installing again...

Thanks for the reply...

363 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-04-11
bad to hear this dud there must be some conflict in software/hardware and installing final service pack wont help
u should figure out what blocks the nv device..
maybe infected .exe ^^ ?!

data/avatar/default/avatar01.webp

34 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-06-09
u lot are lucky ever since i installed the 44.03 i get random refreshes on my screen. Oh i get BSOD when i reboot too

363 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-04-11
did u tried several refreshrate utilities ?
they fix 60hz "bug" in games OGL/D3D/DD

dont care if u have TFT ;)