Abit KD7 or MSI Kt400 Ultra-SR

I really like Serious Sam! Bought the first part and will definetly buy the second too. The demo seems much bloodier than sam1 (the chainsaw is PURE FUN hehehehe) but I hope it won't get censored here in Germany ( sam1 wasn't but we'll see).

This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar01.webp

9 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-06-02
I own both these and currently using the Abit KD7 in my system and the MSI KT400 Ultra-SR in my brothers system.

My specs:
AMD Athlon XP 2100+
3 hard drives + cdrw
MSI Geforce4 Ti4400 128M
Corsair 512 and 256 PC2700 333mhz DDR RAM (heat sinks too)

Now, should I keep the board I have or switch it with my brothers (really mine)???

I also plan on buying a Seagate Barracuda 120GB 8MB cache hard drive in the next week or two, if I put that in my system keeping the Abit KD7, I would have to get rid of one of my 3 hard drives and put it in my brothers system and use it from there....

Or, If I switch motherboards, I don't have to get rid of anything... but other then that reason of wanting too...

Which would be the best to use? I've been told the MSI, and I've read reviews about both mobos, I read one review of the Abit KD7 and it was comparing it to the MSI KT400 Ultra-Sr, and the MSI killed the ABIT, but that was just one review, seeing how other reviews said the Abit was better and such...

So someone people suggest what I go with? :)

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register

This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

501 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-11-19
MSI :D

118 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-07-16
Both are good boards with minimal performance difference? Swop to the MSi if only for keeping all 3 hard drives!

9 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-06-02
OP
Well I did everything yesterday (saturday) swapping motherboards, and something happened to my 2100+ processor.

Soooo I am pretty pissed, I did everything right, I don't know what happened.

To make the whole story short: I shut down, I shut off PSU, I pulled out cord to PSU, unhooked all cords, opened case, unplugged all PCI cards in PCI slots, took out Video Card, took out ram, took off HSF, then took out processor and placed aside.

Then put in my brothers mobo after taking it out, hooked all my stuff up, reapplied artic silver 3 to 2100+... HSF on, etc etc. No post at all (yes I did reset CMOS, tried batter) hmm yea. After that my brother and I put in the 1800+ and it posted fine. So something happened after I shut down with the processor.

BUT yea, that is just to sum it up, I really did a lot of things and still sorta am trying to get it to work.

Other then that. I am buying the following:

Motherboard: ASUS A7N8X Deluxe
Processor: AMD Athlon XP Barton 2500+ 333FSB
Hard Drive: 120GB Maxtor 8MB Cache 7200RPM
HeatSinkFan: Vantec AeroFlow VA4-C7040

Also an High Point Technology Serial ATA Convertor. So I can use all 4 of my hard drives (IDE to SATA)...heh

Total Price: $ 581.48 (included is $6.00 shipping) Hopefully the shipping charges don't change, because I am buying all this in 2 weeks about :P