PC3200 ram speed help

all right, I was hoping someone here could help me out. I just got an xp2200 and a soyo kt400 dragon platinum mobo. on top of that, I got 2x256MB of PC3200 mushkin ram.

This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar04.webp

1 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-11-24
all right, I was hoping someone here could help me out.

I just got an xp2200 and a soyo kt400 dragon platinum mobo. on top of that, I got 2x256MB of PC3200 mushkin ram. but I began running some benchmarks using sisoft sandra 2003 and check out what I got below.

basically, this program says my ram is running shitty and I'm wondering if those benchmarks that sisoft sandra uses as "refrence" material are real or bullshit.

the mobo settings are at where it should exactly be and the mobo is updated to the latest bios.

what I was wondering if there was anyone out there that has pc3200 ram and could run some similar benchmarks and let me know what they are because I want to figure out if spending $200 on this "high-speed" ram was a good idea.

maybe someone could let me know of any other way to test the ram?

thanks.

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register

This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar01.webp

501 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-11-19
wow, thats some low scores...
your processor is running @ its rated speed right?
thats lower than 2100 speeds..
I suggest trying other memory testing methods, sissoft is not completly accuracte
Synthetic benchmarks do mess up some times

data/avatar/default/avatar04.webp

44 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-08-12
The KT-400 is known to be very slow with 200MHz memory due to reduced chipset timings for the KT-400 to be able to run this speed .
Please run your memory at 166MHz and you'll see it performing much better .
And please get a recent Bios as performance should be improved with newer ones .