GF FX 5950 Overclock to the max

How far can you Overclock the FX 5950 Ultra ? The max i reached was : 575 / 1040 with stock cooling >> 3Dmark2003 >>7199 Albatron PX 865 PE Pro II Intel Pentium 4 3ghz 800mhz FSB 2x A-Data 256mb Dual Channel PC 3200 Windows XP SP1 DirectX 9.

This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar03.webp

5 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-12-02
How far can you Overclock the FX 5950 Ultra ?

The max i reached was :

575 / 1040 with stock cooling >> 3Dmark2003 >>7199

Albatron PX 865 PE Pro II
Intel Pentium 4 3ghz 800mhz FSB
2x A-Data 256mb Dual Channel PC 3200

Windows XP SP1
DirectX 9.0b
Forceware 53.03

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register

This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

499 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-12-18
is that with or without nvidias 3dmark cheats? :P

399 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-03-22
Why do you test it on Halo: The combat evolved? That is the most graphic intensive i have ever seen. If you can get frame rate over 60, it will be sweet.

5 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-12-02
OP
I reached this with the 3Dmark03 build 340

But only with Overclocked vga card, the processor is default speed.

assets/images/contentteller/avatar_disabled.webp

0 Posts
Location -
Joined -
:lol: HALO is not grafic intense its just noobish programing there are game that look way better then Halo and do not require 5GHz ... just like Unreal 2 I don't wanna say it was total ugly grafics ... but huh it was good grafics ? the best axemple to give is that alien surface LOL ... slime and very detailed profile was just a mirror like surface with ultracool reflection LOL when I hate one thing then it is reflections ...
one note to game-creators ... water does reflect .. a mirror does reflect ... but no alien slime, no walls, no ventilationshaft and so on ... and hey a car does reflect when its polished to the max ... but maybe u should go out and have a look how much is reflected .... this is one thing where less is more ...

data/avatar/default/avatar02.webp

11 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-04-21
Why do you test it on Halo: The combat evolved? That is the most graphic intensive i have ever seen. If you can get frame rate over 60, it will be sweet.

hahah

data/avatar/default/avatar01.webp

614 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-03-21

Ho ho ho last time I checked 3dmark was supposed to be more intensive but oh well :)

data/avatar/default/avatar04.webp

5 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-12-11
LOL, yeah halo was a bit of a dissapointment. To many repetiteous texturing.

But dudes, dudes, dudes.... one and a half words is all i need............ DOOM 3.

THAT will be the ultimate test. I am getting my FX-5950 soon and will be hanging out to give it a test run on Doom 3. I will downlaod the alpha leak if I have to!!! (nah I ain't THAT scummy)

Cheers,

-Cub. =o)

-----

Video card... $500
AMD 64 bit processor... $2000
New case... $50
Being able to spend your money to hot something up that WONT cheat on you... Priceless!

There are some things money can't buy... so just create them on your damn computer for f**ks sake!