ATI Radeon 9012 drivers shafted my PC

The drivers downloaded from warp2search. net shafted my machine. I could play some games (AVP2) no problems and run 3dmark which gave good scores but was noticeably juttering with erratic framerates.

This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar01.webp

115 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-01-20
The drivers downloaded from warp2search.net shafted my machine. I could play some games (AVP2) no problems and run 3dmark which gave good scores but was noticeably juttering with erratic framerates. UT and RTCW played at 2fps. Great that what I wanted. Have 200fps reduced to 2fps. Excellent. Plus I was overclocking at the time and I thought I had pushed too far and damage my lovely graphic card. I intended to get it replaced on warrenty but after 6 six hours of reinstalling software back on to my PC after a OS and game partition format I was releived to see that the 9005 drivers (9008 better) brought everything back to normal. My card clocks with stability to 288/288 from 250/250 using the old pencil trick and my multimeter. Why do ATI under power a perfectly otherwise good 'retail' card? I am reluctant to flash my radeon bios with 288/288 (perfectly feisable) in case some granite from my pencil trick is blown away. Then the card would be inoperable until I check the voltages. If I had a retail card the voltage would be at the elevated level anyway. However apart from the 3dmark score I could not tell any difference.
I am scared to try the 9012 drivers again just in case. BTW I could not get the framerate back to normal by reinstalling the 9008s over the new 9012s.

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register

This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.