Fire GL X1 128

I've recently just got a Fire GL X1 128, and I think it's a very good card, but will it handle my games? :cry: I want to play Half-Life 2 when it's released, but I don't know if my $500.

This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar01.webp

8 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-04-20
I've recently just got a Fire GL X1 128, and I think it's a very good card, but will it handle my games? :cry:
I want to play Half-Life 2 when it's released, but I don't know if my $500.00 investment is going to keep me on my toes.
Help me out please. :hail:

A7V8X-X
Athlon XP 2400 (2.0 Ghz) Volcano 9 Heatsink/Fan
1 GB PC2700 Kingston
Fire GL X1 128 (8x AGP not PRO)
120 GB WD HDD 8MB Cache
4X DVD Burner
500 Watt PS

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register

This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

assets/images/contentteller/avatar_disabled.webp

0 Posts
Location -
Joined -
the 9700 core has to be enough to make it at least with middle settings playable ... maybe not the best settings ... but you should have fun ... anyway when HL2 will be release in 2 or 3 years you have a new card anyway

data/avatar/default/avatar03.webp

499 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-12-18
if you already got it then test your games yourself?
and why buy a FireGL? :-/ Seems a bit like a waste to me - unless you work at Pixar or a similar place :P

8 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-04-20
OP
I got this card because I do some animation with 3ds max but, I do omst of that at work and school. I'm trying to build a nice gaming system for now so I can be up to date.

12 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-03-06
Simply install the latest DirectX9 compliant 7.96.21 drivers and crank up the game settings. With my FireGL X1-128 and an AthlonXP 3000+, games such as FarCry perform well with high/ultrahigh settings.

If you intend on keeping the card for some time yet, a CPU upgrade may be in order for the best of both application and gaming worlds. The FireGL drivers have recently much improved but it is possible to modify the Catalyst drivers to function with the FireGL. Info here.

While not intended to be, it is a great performer in all current games.

data/avatar/default/avatar03.webp

399 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-03-22
Waiting for half-life to come out is almost impossible, they keeps delaying with all sort of reasons. By the time the game come out you will have another new card again.

if you really want to play half-life well, it might be a good idea that you wait for the game came out and read some article and benchmarking, then go get your new card.

Don't rush to upgrade your system and wait for the stupid game to come out.

valve, stop delaying the releasing date will you! :x

FarCry rules.