6800 Ultra and 7x.xx Drivers???

I have a PNY 6800 Ultra AGP card just got brand new and installed. With 66.93 drivers everything seems to run fine and I've had no problems. Soon as I go to any 7x.

This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar03.webp

138 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-02-03
I have a PNY 6800 Ultra AGP card just got brand new and installed.

With 66.93 drivers everything seems to run fine and I've had no problems.

Soon as I go to any 7x.xx drivers I start having weird problems.

First: I have my monitor turn off after 2 minutes of inactivity - the other day after being off for quite a few hours I come home and shake the mouse and hit keyboard and nothing (No Signal) the light stays amber.

Second: While playing BFV everything goes great and I have everything maxed out in game and have it set to High Quality in driver and sometimes after about a half hour, 15 minutes it's always different. The sound will start cracking and stuttering and before you know it the screen just locks up with with a still picture of whatever was going on at the time and the computer is locked up and I have to hit the Power button to reboot. Once up everything is fine again.

Third: My brother has two Asus EN6800 cards on an SLI system and he is getting many artifacts and strange problems on screen and has tried new bios's, drivers, you name it but still same problems? These cards look great and run fine when run individually but when running in SLI mode and using proper profile for BFV he still has same issues?

Anyone else seeing any of these issues mentioned with their systems and what have you done to rectify them?

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register

This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

assets/images/contentteller/avatar_disabled.webp

0 Posts
Location -
Joined -
only did use nVidia generic drivers or modded by manufacturer ?

138 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-02-03
OP
The manufacturer only points you to nvidia for drivers. These are usually reference boards with a companies sticker put on at least PNY usually are.

I've tried all released nvidia versions and beta but the 7x.xx keep making my card either overheat or lock up over a bit of time as if it were overclocked or something.

I went back to the 66.93 for now and if anything happens with these I'll post.

As far as the dual EN6800 these are in my brothers SLI box he built and he's tried everything under the sun, both from manufacturer and nvidia still no luck.

0 Posts
Location -
Joined -
now that sounds strange ....
I haven't had any problem with the drivers since I use 6800
maybe you should try one of the modded drivers by mobilenvidia
or manually select card instead of auto install

have you reinstalled windows since changing the card ... what was it before
tried
Driver Cleaner ?

138 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-02-03
OP
I've done everything except modded drivers. Just used all of those to be released. I have a 600 WATT power supply and thought maybe it was kicking the bucket but I'll have to wait to see if the 66.93's give me any trouble. This is a new install of OS, and I had 6800 Ultra in only and 66.93.

I then tried 71.24 and that was when I got the weird thing not coming out of power save mode. Then I went to 71.xx higher before the .80 I think, from station-drivers and that was the one that caused the lock ups. So I dropped back to the 66.93 for now. I'll have to do some playing to see if these give me any issues and if NOT then something is flakey with the 7x.xx version for me.

0 Posts
Location -
Joined -
yes do that ... maybe its just a beta bug ...
while the 71.80s work very well here i think there will be a new WHQLed one soon

data/avatar/default/avatar04.webp

516 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-06-25
Use version 71.25 for the latest WHQL and they are very nice. :)