New ati drivers even bad as the other releases for vista

hello there i have bought myself windows vista ultimate the day it was released and install runs perfect only the big problem is the ATI drivers i have a x1950xtx crossfire setup (yeah 2 cards one system) and my screen is a 22 inch with resolution 1680x1050 @ 75 mhz on windows xp the drivers are fine and no problem ...

This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar02.webp

2 Posts
Location -
Joined 2007-02-23
hello there
i have bought myself windows vista ultimate the day it was released
and install runs perfect
only the big problem is the ATI drivers
i have a x1950xtx crossfire setup (yeah 2 cards one system)
and my screen is a 22 inch with resolution 1680x1050 @ 75 mhz
on windows xp the drivers are fine and no problems on running crossfire mode
now everytime ati releases a new set of drivers for vista i un-install windows xp and try the vista and everytime the same thing happens
1 the resolution supported by my screen is'nt listed
2 the CCC wont load 90 percent of the time
3 if the CCC was loaded it's impossible to select crossfire mode because it says screenresolution unsupported because the CCC is trying to get my screen resolution set @ 85 Mhz

i am getting sick of ati for not delivering the correct drivers
and i'm feeling stupid for buying vista and try to install vista after each update
will this problem ever end ?

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register

This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar01.webp

115 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-01-20
If u have more than 1 hard drive you could put xp on 1 hard drive and vista on the other. It should work for partitions too, but requires the operating systems to play nice together and offer u a choice everytime u restart pc.

Im sure with your specifications u could get a cheap hard drive just to save having to reinstall twice each time.

Rest assured I hear that nvidia is worse. Why not try asking the same questions on rage3d.com or driverheaven.net/forums? You may get more help there.

data/avatar/default/avatar02.webp

2 Posts
Location -
Joined 2007-02-23
OP
ok thanks i will try it overthere
i even contacted the ati support forum ..and they ant figure it out
they even got a system equal to mine and that one does;nt work either from what i've heard