What Direct X 10 games are coming and when?

I could upgrade my current rig to 2x8800GTX right now. However, by the looks of it I have no reason to because there are no games that demands that kind of power that I have not already finished (I have 2x7900GTX now).

This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar04.webp

108 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-02-13
I could upgrade my current rig to 2x8800GTX right now.

However, by the looks of it I have no reason to because there are no games that demands that kind of power that I have not already finished (I have 2x7900GTX now). By the looks of it, I cannot see many upcoming games that will.

Assassin's Creed, Crysis, Hellgate, STALKER and Alan Wake. That's about it. Is it worth spending $1200-1400 on five games? I do not think so anymore. So can someone tell me if there's other games that appear to suck up alot of horsepower coming during 2007 that makes the upgrade worth it?

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register

This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

assets/images/contentteller/avatar_disabled.webp

0 Posts
Location -
Joined -
nope
btw STALKER will run without any problem !!!
I did play the leaked alpha ages ago with my 9800PRO and I got huge FPS .... OK it was without any KI or mission or anything else ... but I highly doubt this game will require anything more than one 7900

108 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-02-13
OP
Well, I mentioned STALKER because it looks to be a resource hog. The beta that was released was unfinished and lots of things happen to a game for every year it's in development. While it might run on one 7900GTX, you might need more than that to run the final game in top settings if they add all new gee-whizz effects.

93 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-08-27
I could upgrade my current rig to 2x8800GTX right now.

However, by the looks of it I have no reason to because there are no games that demands that kind of power that I have not already finished (I have 2x7900GTX now). By the looks of it, I cannot see many upcoming games that will.

Assassin's Creed, Crysis, Hellgate, STALKER and Alan Wake. That's about it. Is it worth spending $1200-1400 on five games? I do not think so anymore. So can someone tell me if there's other games that appear to suck up alot of horsepower coming during 2007 that makes the upgrade worth it?

I was also planning for a G8800GTX or a ATI R600

I agree there are no games that demands that kind of power and when there will be games like these better sollutions will be on the way

Anyway
I suggest you wait until Vista appears and to see what the ATI R600 is all about and also
Nvidia is probably planing for a G8900 GTX to counter that

It is only two months from now
If you have not a serious reason to upgrade just do not do it right now

Better GPUsVPUs are coming already in the next 5 months

108 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-02-13
OP
I did the upgrade actually.

Reason?

I want to get as much cash as possible for my 2x7900GTX before Vista comes.