WTF ?!?! drivecleaner ad sucks ....

hi. . . . first post in forum. . . and its not positive feedback. . . . hi im from germany. . . . so excuse my bad english. . . . BUT as a loong time WARP2SEARCH.

This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar02.webp

1 Posts
Location -
Joined 2006-12-06
hi ....
first post in forum ...and its not positive feedback ....

hi im from germany ....so excuse my bad english .... BUT as a loong time WARP2SEARCH.NET reader i have to say that ure drivecleaner popup window sucks...

first of all it tries to install drivecleaner ... it tells me (in a car salesman style) i have over 100 security risks (muhuhahau) and i need drivecleaner to fix it ....
this software wants me to buy full version to get rid of secuity holes ... but we all know its just random numbers shown as security threads... must be fastest scanner on earth ;-) (check it out http://de.drivecleaner.com/.freeware/index...=&ap=0&w=0&j=0)

why does WARP2SEARCH support this kind of agressive marketing of an absolute shity program ?? many newbies get trapped by the popup window (filled with secutity warnings lookin like a system message) and install this piece of shity coding ...even symantec declares drivecleaner as bogusware http://www.symantec.com/region/de/techsupp...ivecleaner.html

i visit ure site on a daily basis (not ure forums) ..... but this kind of ad serving makes me mad .... and u should be mad too .... u dont need this kind of ads....i have no problem with ads ...but this is too much

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register

This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

Administrator

11692 Posts
Location -
Joined 2007-08-06
You will never see a pop up ad on this site again.

Philipp and I hate pop ups as well as just plain bad ads. We are going to try and stick with contextual ads and I will be reviewing each one from time to time for correctness.

If in the future you happen to find an ad that leads to something suspect - please contact me directly.

data/avatar/default/avatar03.webp

26 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-04-25
@Jim

I'm glad to hear (read) that. It makes warp2search more comfortable. Looks like w2s was found by the good guys. :)

Administrator

11692 Posts
Location -
Joined 2007-08-06
@Jim

I'm glad to hear (read) that. It makes warp2search more comfortable. Looks like w2s was found by the good guys.

:thankyou:

202 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-10-05
That is absolutely correct. This looks like it is going upstairs again..!