BitComet Won't Start & Can't Download Torrent File

I'll cut it short, I got the following error message when trying to download a torrent file: Windows cannot find 'C:Document and SettingsEBLocal SettingsTemporary Internet FilesContent.

This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar04.webp

252 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-03-22
I'll cut it short, I got the following error message when trying to download a torrent file:

Windows cannot find 'C:Document and SettingsEBLocal SettingsTemporary Internet FilesContent.IE577KRE53Wname of torrent.torrent'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then click Search.

I never ever got this before. Only thing I can think of is that after installing IE7, this has occured.

Just recently BitComet released v0.75. Downloaded it, installed but it wouldn't load up at all. I restarted, same thing. So I uninstalled it, reinstalled, still nothing.
Cleaned it up, installed my old v0.74 but that doesn't work neither...

Any ideas why?

Thanks in advance.

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register

This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar03.webp

1352 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-02-01
this error comes, if u say "open torrent with..." ?
if u download that .torrent and open it with ... is it same?

does this string exist? (C:Document and SettingsEBLocal SettingsTemporary Internet FilesContent.IE577KRE53W)
that´s it: "....Content.IE5...."

u really deinstalled everything of IE7?

assets/images/contentteller/avatar_disabled.webp

0 Posts
Location -
Joined -
try 0.70 .... I made some bad experiences with 0.71++ and 0.70 works well here with IE7
and try to download the .torrent before opening it with BC

252 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-03-22
OP
this error comes, if u say "open torrent with..." ?
if u download that .torrent and open it with ... is it same?

does this string exist? (C:Document and SettingsEBLocal SettingsTemporary Internet FilesContent.IE577KRE53W)
that´s it: "....Content.IE5...."

u really deinstalled everything of IE7?

I normally just click on Open and it downloads it then automatically launches BitComet. I've just tried saving the file to my desktop and opening it but then I get the same error again.
Heres the message:

Well, all I did was install IE7 and that was it. Only thing I uninstalled and reinstalled was BitComet.

Mertsch I download the .torrent first always but even if I try to open BC first, it won't load up. Weird :hmm:

252 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-03-22
OP
Well I just installed v0.70 and it loads up so that's good and it downloads torrents yay

Funny though, 0.74 worked before but after installing 0.75 and going BACK to 0.74, it didn't work... hmm.

Thanks for the helps though guys You two are the only ones posting on these forums lol

Oh btw, is uTorrent better than BitComet? Is there anything else better than BitComet?

data/avatar/default/avatar03.webp

1352 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-02-01
utorrent is the only one i use

no install, really really small, settings are ok, now with WebGui if u want, 6MB of ram only

try it, u can´t do something wrong with it

assets/images/contentteller/avatar_disabled.webp

0 Posts
Location -
Joined -
I tried uT once ... was something around 1.4 and it was really nice ... but I did miss some connection options .... like how many per torrent .. which bitcomet does have ... but I thought about trying it again ...