Graphics in Frankfurt

Hi, I'll be visiting Frankfurt for less than a month. I was thinking of purchasing a mid-range card whilst there. Since warp2search has a german base, I was wondering whether some of the guys here could help me suggest whats the best mode of purchase and what to purchase.

This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar03.webp

48 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-11-16
Hi,
I'll be visiting Frankfurt for less than a month. I was thinking of purchasing a mid-range card whilst there. Since warp2search has a german base, I was wondering whether some of the guys here could help me suggest whats the best mode of purchase and what to purchase. Is online preferable or should I check out a local computer shop (please cite). Also whats the best bang for the buck card in the 7600gt range and what brand will that be?

Addendum - It should be an AGP card. Maybe I'll have to go for a 7800gs if its reasonably priced. Is it? My specs are Asus K8n A64 2800+ with 512 mb. Currently on a Geforce4 ti4600. If the card's not reasonably priced I could settle for a PCI-E card in the 7600gt range and get a mobo/cpu upgrade ...

Please suggest ...
Thanks!

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register

This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

assets/images/contentteller/avatar_disabled.webp

0 Posts
Location -
Joined -
the best search engine for prices is

www.geizhals.at !

you will find anything you want there - you can also enter a zip code and see if there are shops near you with good prices

note: do not buy at norskIT ... you will regret it as soon as you have any problem and need to RMA something

data/avatar/default/avatar03.webp

48 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-11-16
OP
Hey Mertsch, thanks for the pointer. I tried a little search. There's plenty of AGP 7600gt parts that should do for me.

Any idea if this is a good place to buy it ...Comquell.at ?

assets/images/contentteller/avatar_disabled.webp

0 Posts
Location -
Joined -
note that this search engine is for germany and Austria
you have to click the german flag first ...
the rating shown there are pretty good
I would not recommend buying at any "yellow smilie" shop
there are a few that can be highly recommended

Mindfactory
HOH

can't say anything to Comquell.at - never heard of it before