Skype Protocol Has Been Cracked

At the end of 2005 I made some predictions about the VoIP industry which I will review further in a day or two. While a couple of my predictions have already proved correct, perhaps the most interesting was: The Skype protocol will be reverse engineered by August 2006 and application code will be offered for license.

This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar03.webp

3223 Posts
Location -
Joined 2005-12-17
At the end of 2005 I made some predictions about the VoIP industry which I will review further in a day or two. While a couple of my predictions have already proved correct, perhaps the most interesting was:
The Skype protocol will be reverse engineered by August 2006 and application code will be offered for license.

Today I received a call through Skype from a friend at a company in China, except he told me he was not using Skype to call me. His company has successfully reverse engineered the Skype protocol and he wanted to call me in the United States to see how it worked between physically distant IP addresses. We talked for a little over nine minutes before the call dropped. Then I called him back using my Skype and we spoke for another three minutes.
VoIPWiki Blog

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register

This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.