Quake 4 and Doom the movie

I played Quake 4 for like 7 hours straight. Its a sweet ass game. Doom the movie sucked. .

This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar01.webp

501 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-11-19
I played Quake 4 for like 7 hours straight.
Its a sweet ass game.

Doom the movie sucked.

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register

This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

assets/images/contentteller/avatar_disabled.webp

0 Posts
Location -
Joined -
yeah Q4 rocks
the story for Q4 is quite simple but its just fun
while the F.E.A.R story is ment to be much more complex but it just passes by nearly the whole story is told to you via voice and is most times just annoying while Q4 continues the well D3 kind of gameplay
fast paced action without any unneeded story elements and moments to cool down and look around
plus some cool "tech demos" where you just watch the scene

501 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-11-19
OP
Werd.
Doom3 got boring.
Quake is keeping me interested.

I have fear installed. im going to give it a run tonight.

501 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-11-19
OP
i beat quake4
The last boss is too easy

116 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-04-09
Dude i play quake 4 at 12800x1025 on high quality....and it looks like ass still! I then switched to Ultra mode and it told me i needed 512mb of video ram to run blah blah blah...and it looked sooooo much better!! Like the difference was like 3 fold! Its just not playable..I get like 40 fps on it...but it freezes everytime it does a major scene change...anyone know whats up...are the 6.1 drivers compatable or is there any know probs with ati?

assets/images/contentteller/avatar_disabled.webp

0 Posts
Location -
Joined -
the only diff between high and ultra are uncompressed textures ... that why you do need so much video mem ...
and it does not improve image quality the way you describe it ... in fact even on direct screenshots you can barely see any difference ... inside the game I doubt that even the game devs could tell if it is ultra or not ...
so you must have somekind of problem with Q4 on your PC that high is not what its ment to be
try reinstalling Q4 and catalyst

116 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-04-09
Ok maybe ill try that....the only think i can tell ya is it looks like its running low!!! Id put some screens up but im lazy.....basically..it the beginning credits...you see the guy floating in space...and on ultra..you can see intestines and all that gory mess in great detail....when i go to high...its all just blended together..nothing! and it seems like my framerate is maxing out at 60...I dont have vsync on either

116 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-04-09
Just upgraded to the warcatz driver cause they rocked for my older pc...and everything seems to be working fine

Ill try 3dmark 06 tommorrow and see if it fixes the bug