format a new HDD with administrative tools of WinXP

i tried to format a HDD with Partition magic 8 but the program hang on. ( not respond ). ( and sorry 4 my english). so i want to try the aplication from the administrative tools/PC administration/disk adminitration.

This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar03.webp

19 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-04-24
i tried to format a HDD with Partition magic 8 but the program hang on. ( not respond ). ( and sorry 4 my english).
so i want to try the aplication from the administrative tools/PC administration/disk adminitration.
There are a option to format...
it really works?.
can i format a new HDD to NTSC?.

it's safe?.

help.

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register

This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

138 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-02-03
Yes Disk Administrator works perfectly fine...

If you are ever adding a new disk drive to a system and you have an OS already installed on that system - Disk Administrator is actually one of the best tools you can use to do so...

Of course if you have a new hard drive without an OS you can simply use your XP cd during installation to FDISK and FORMAT during the installation of XP...

So XP is king and you really have NO NEED for third party software with all these goodies already built right into XP... And you mean NTFS not NTSC that would be for US tvs... lol

:D

assets/images/contentteller/avatar_disabled.webp

0 Posts
Location -
Joined -
yes all those tools like partition magic are really useless on XP
since they are just a new GUI for the feature already given ...
if there is a problem with XP integrated the tools will also not work ... thtas the funny thing ... waste of money, diskspace, resources and time

:D

499 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-12-18
partition magic isn nowhere near useless, since windows refuses ro resize partiotions and wont even touch any kind of journalised linux file systems.
if the only thing you do is to format discs, you wont need PM. but you cant do much other with the system tools in xp.

but yes. windows should detect the disc on its own when you go into the admin tools/disc management - and then give you options to format... thats the best and simplest way you can format your discs.

19 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-04-24
OP
wow!....tnx! for the help.

( and sorry, it's NTFS , not NTSC, like i says).