Geforce Fx 5600 AGP detected as PCI help plz

Hello, my GeForce FX 5600 is detected as PCI, in the Adapter Information on the detonator control panel it says PCI x0 as the bus and my card is AGP. Also when I open cpu-z the AGP section appears in gray.

This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar01.webp

5 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-07-26
Hello, my GeForce FX 5600 is detected as PCI, in the Adapter Information on the detonator control panel it says "PCI x0" as the bus and my card is AGP. Also when I open cpu-z the AGP section appears in gray. Help me please. Thanks.

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register

This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar04.webp

196 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-01-07
if you look in the Device Manager under Hardware>Display Apaptor you'll see the same thing. I'm on a system made of old parts (gigabyte GA7VRXP 2.0, XP 2200+), my ti-4600 is most definately AGP but appears as : Location PCI bus 1, device 0, function 0. Remember that Device 0 is the first device on the PCI bus. On my newer Asus nforce chipset mobos the video card also shows the same locations.
If you're having video acceleration problems make sure that fast-write is turned on in BIOS, you have the latest chipset and video drivers as well as the latest version of DirectX installed.
Otherwise as long as it's working properly I wouldn't worry about it.

data/avatar/default/avatar03.webp

19 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-08-18
Update ur motherboard drivers, you have no AGP drivers installed as ur card is running in PCI mode!

data/avatar/default/avatar01.webp

5 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-07-26
OP
Thanks, I just downloaded the AGP drivers and it fixed it.

assets/images/contentteller/avatar_disabled.webp

0 Posts
Location -
Joined -
you know the problem PCI1 slot uses the same IRQ as AGP slot ?
now you know why .... because its the same "line" ... the only thing the driver does is to rename for better appearance