Why my Geforce card will not work?

Asus TX-97E rev 1.11 is the motherboard which i had a S3 32m video card in it. I decided to upgrade so I bought a e-GeForce4 MX440 64m card but the board will not even boot with it.

This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar02.webp

45 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-04-12
Asus TX-97E rev 1.11 is the motherboard which i had a S3 32m video card in it. I decided to upgrade so I bought a e-GeForce4 MX440 64m card but the board will not even boot with it. Took the card to my local comp shop & he had no problems, so I bought a Sapphire Radeon 7000 64m card suspecting that it would not work, from him & it works perfectly in the Asus. Why does the GeForce not work?
PN 064p1nv89 (i believe) its a little hard to make out.....

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register

This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar03.webp

220 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-02-07
the mobo is too old and it does not support that card.
simple.-

112 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-03-29
It is the Asus TX97-E Motherboard?

Well, it does not have AGP slot. You have PCI graphics card, right?

I would recommend flashing to the Latest/Last motherboard bios? First, and it should work ...

assets/images/contentteller/avatar_disabled.webp

0 Posts
Location -
Joined -
yeah the board must be too old ... as you know there is PCI 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 and so on ... you got to look at your specs and look at the card
if your motherboard supports the PCI rev it needs ...
anyway ... did you ever think aboutgetting new hardware ..
I mean years ago it was said that the GF2 starts to get to it maximum when at least 1gig CPU is working ... which is true
now the MX440 is ~10% better and is with your hardware not really used/oversized for this hardware

also did you try to update your Mobos BIOS ?

data/avatar/default/avatar02.webp

45 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-04-12
OP
tobebana - thanks i assumed that but still doesn't explain why the radeon works.

Juomaru - yes to all your statements, & i think i have flashed to the latest bios but will check again.....thanks!

Mertsch - hmmm you are right on all accounts of course but how do you find this information? I checked the motherboard manual, spent hours on google to no avail.
"did you ever think aboutgetting new hardware" - can i have your credit card #? Actually it is a second system & works great & does what i want it to do so i am very happy with it.

PS: I still don't know why the Radeon worked & the Geforce didn't.....

PPS: I currently am using a geforce in this system & was looking to upgrade staying with the geforce but i am now having second thoughts & think i will start looking a ATI seriously........

HAVE A GOOD DAY GUYS & THANKS.............

399 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-03-22
The radeon 7000 is older then GF 4 MX.

assets/images/contentteller/avatar_disabled.webp

0 Posts
Location -
Joined -
thats a very good question ... hell I did about 2hours of research to find out what boards do support PCI 2.3 not only 2.2
its due the fact that generally you do not have to care babout this ... but when you do ... you are simply f***ed up :D

data/avatar/default/avatar01.webp

4 Posts
Location -
Joined 2011-05-10
I think XIII is right The radeon 7000 is older then GF 4 MX.