geforce drivers

I was having a very seroius and annoying problem with my graphics. specs. . . Vista 32bit Asus m2n-sli Motherboard amd athlon 64x2 5000+ 4gb ram Asus gtx550ti 1 gb graphics newest drivers (314.

This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar04.webp

1 Posts
Location -
Joined 2013-04-01
I was having a very seroius and annoying problem with my graphics.
specs...
Vista 32bit
Asus m2n-sli Motherboard
amd athlon 64x2 5000+
4gb ram
Asus gtx550ti 1 gb graphics newest drivers (314.22)

Anywhoo Every time I would shut down my pc and restart to play nearly any game it would lag horribly and the cpu would spike to 100% with lags so bad the games were unplayable.
I tried everything under the sun to remedy this with no avail.....Until...
I was searching for answers and ran across a suggestion.
Uninstall Asus Gamer OSD.?
Well why would it be a problem,It was on the installation disc that was supplied with my gpu?
I was willing to try nearly anything up to and including a large stick and/or shooting 220volts to this pile of junk to make it work.
I've tried New Drivers,Reinstall drivers,Roll back Drivers.Use older Drivers that were supplied with card,Ran Spybot Search and Destroy,Ran Atf Cleaner,Ran Malwarebtes,Ran Super Antispyware,Disabled Internet,Disabled Norton,Monitored all temps. Upgraded cpu cooler and fan,Added another front case fan to pc.The list goes on for a while longer but you get the idea.

I'll stop rambling and just tell you IT WORKED. All the time and programs and monitoring was useless,time comsuming,and flat out started to p#$s me off.
So anyone with the same issue of having to reinstall gpu drivers every single time you start your pc, and you have "ASUS GamerOSD" do yourself a favor and try uninstalling it. If it doesn't work you can always reinstall it.
I take no credit in this solution as I found it on a forum after days of searching. Sorry can't remember wich one as i looked at hundreds.

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register

This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.