Intel Confidential CPU

Hello guys and gals! This is my first post on this forum and so I just wanted to say hello to everyone and thank you for allowing me to become a member of the community.

This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar01.webp

1 Posts
Location -
Joined 2011-12-01
Hello guys and gals! This is my first post on this forum and so I just wanted to say hello to everyone and thank you for allowing me to become a member of the community. I stumbled across this forum while researching this issue I have.. that being an "Intel Confidential" processor. You see, I purchased this core 2 quad Q9550 LGA775 processor back in 2008 from an online PC hardware distributor (which I now can't seem to find my receipt for), but about 5 months ago upgraded to all new hardware - mobo, ram, cpu - from the q9550 and nForce 790i FTW mobo. In the meantime, I've held onto the processor with hopes of reselling it on ebay where I saw these Q9550's still fetch a very decent price.

Enter today when I went to take pics of the processor and list it... I noticed that the processor says the following:

INTEL CONFIDENTIAL
QGPK ES MALAY
i© '06 80569PJ073N
L816A850

Anyways, I've spent the last hour or so researching just what this means, only to find out it can be quite difficult to offload these processors due to the fact that they are only meant as "test chips" and technically the property of Intel. So, what exactly can I do with this thing? I understand some people have mentioned that it's best to report it to Intel and often times they will reward you for returning these "Confidential" processors, but I wasn't sure in what capacity to contact them regarding this issue or what will happen if I do. So, I thought I would post on here and see what anyone has to say.. I'm all ears at this point.

Well, thanks in advance for any and all information and/or advice!

Here are a couple of pictures of the processor itself:

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register

This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.