Catalyst 4.5 requirements

In order to get 4.5 do I HAVE to have winxp SP1??or can i just have winxp?.

This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar01.webp

116 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-04-09
In order to get 4.5 do I HAVE to have winxp SP1??or can i just have winxp?

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register

This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

116 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-04-09
OP
i cant get service packs sonce i have a cracked corp. version of pro......looks like im gonna have to reformat and get a legit copy of xp home

data/avatar/default/avatar03.webp

399 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-03-22
The display driver should works on original win XP (no service pack) too. Yes be a good guy get a legit copy

116 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-04-09
OP
Well it doesent work...ive tried DNA, Omega, and catlyst 4.5 drivers..and everytime i reboot after install and try to run a bench, it says no graphics card detected. Weird thing is, is when im in display properties..it tells me my card (9600xt) and lets me max the resolution, but i dont get any of the special tabs :(

assets/images/contentteller/avatar_disabled.webp

0 Posts
Location -
Joined -
:D weird ATi problems
goto your display settings and check the GART tab .... whats shown there ??
2nd ... when you grab a window ... and move it around does it go smooth or does it work like 2 frames per second

499 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-12-18
you could try removing the card in hardware management and rebooting, making windows detect it again.

1 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-05-27
This is a silly question to ask... but did you install DirectX9 ? your card will not be installed properly without it...

0 Posts
Location -
Joined -
not really silly question! since it is true ...
but as I know the 4.5 driver detects wether DX9 is installed or not ... correct me if I am wrong :D

116 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-04-09
OP
Yes I have direct x 9.0c it also didnt work with b so thts not the prob.... ill uninstall it from the hardware sec. and ill unseat it from the mobo and try that to see if it works.....and what the hell is GART im a n00b ..lol. oh and is there really a point in going to 4.5 over 4.4? Is there any big jumps in performance..or just the bug fixes in games?

116 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-04-09
OP
ohh and yes it does move 2- 5 fps when i drag a window around :(

399 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-03-22
Make sure you enable direct 3D Acceleration in the direct X diagnostic tool. Or check that if the hardware acceleration is max out in the advance display property.

Good Luck.

0 Posts
Location -
Joined -
ohh and yes it does move 2- 5 fps when i drag a window around

your GPU is not initialised properly .... you gotta know this ... its different from nV .... there are 2 Ati services installed ... both have to be set to automatic start !!!!!!
2nd you must reinstall or upgrade you motherboards driver else the driver can't detect the card ...
3rd ... no, no real need to get 4.5

116 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-04-09
OP
ok ty...i just took a loritab soo i think im gonna wait till the morning till i mess with this thing...ohh and i think im gonna go buy a x800 pro anyways, now that i can mod it :D

116 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-04-09
OP
FUCK IT!!!! im sticking with 4.4 ive done everything i know...I QUIT!! :knife: :finger:

399 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-03-22
WOW X800? Nice. Good luck, to you.

116 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-04-09
OP
well i work at compusa and i get an x800 pro for 326.99 and i could get an x800 xt for 406.37 but it will still be a while though, and my vid card and system will play anything i throw at it right now anyways

399 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-03-22
well i work at compusa and i get an x800 pro for 326.99 and i could get an x800 xt for 406.37 but it will still be a while though, and my vid card and system will play anything i throw at it right now anyways

Wow, great. I assume that you can't wait for the PCI Express standard.

116 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-04-09
OP
Eh...I think thats the only thing holding me back....I just got my mobo and i dont really feel like digging it out again for another one, ill prolly wait another good 6 mo. before i upgrade again...maybe we'll see some really nice cards come out from the 3rd party manufacturers...maybe ATI's new card that supports pixel shader 3.0

116 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-04-09
OP
Well...now with my legit copy of windows with SP1 ........ cat. 4.5 now decides it wants to be aparty of my comp. family..lol....fuckin ATI better not be tryin to only write their drivers for updated copys of windows :hmm:

0 Posts
Location -
Joined -
anyone should have SP1 and as soon as SP2 is out anyone should install it ... so basically its quite nice to have this "feature"