nf7-s 2.0 + Audigy2 = sata disappearing ?
Posted 18 May 2004 - 04:14 PM
the problem is this...
mobo: abit nf7s 2.0
amd xp firstname.lastname@example.org
audigy2 zs platinum
wd raptor sata
i used to have the audigy in the pci slot 4
i cleaned the whole system and when i rebuilt it i accidentally put the au2 in the pci slot 5.
since then, if i have the soundcard inserted, the sata controller just disappears from the bios, so i can´t boot up since my hd isn´t recognized.
i took out the pci sound card and then the sata is working again..
so, right now i´m using my pc without the sound card.
any suggestions? thx.
ps: i´ve tried 2 different bios, cleared cmos and forced update of escd but didn´t help.
thx, Julian from Argentina.-
Posted 18 May 2004 - 07:04 PM
Athlon XP 3200+ Barton @ 2484MHz/FSB275@1.81V
Thermaltake Volcano 9+ w/manual control, 1536MB Corsair DDR434 2-3-2-5-1T
Asus A7N8X Deluxe 2.0 (1007 BIOS), Radeon 9800PRO (4.4 Cat)
Audigy 2 Platinum (EAX4 4.43)
2x74GB WD 10,000 rpm Raptors SATA RAID 0
Plextor PlexWriter Premium CD burner, Plextor PX-708A DVD burner, Antec TrueControl 550 21" Sony GDM-F500R CRT 1600x1200@85hz (analog), 17" NEC Multisync LCD 1760NX 1280x1024@60hz (digital)
Klipsch ProMedia 5.1,, MS Internet Keyboard Pro, MS Intellimouse Explorer 3.0, XP Pro Sp1
Posted 18 May 2004 - 07:33 PM
it can't be dust within the slot ....
u said u did a CMOS clear ...
also tried the "load defaults" and "load optimal settings" ?
you may also manually control the resources by diving them special IRQ ...
the SATA controller does really not work when the soundcard is in or is it only windows not loading .... also compare the resource screen with and without soundcard .... whats different there ?
Posted 18 May 2004 - 07:45 PM
cmos clear was tested.
optimal defaults, bios defaults, safe defaults tested too.
tried 2 different bios and the same problem.
i don´t really know how to manually set irq resources, any tips for that?
Posted 18 May 2004 - 09:50 PM
ps: DON'T try cleaning it...*LOL*
Posted 19 May 2004 - 02:49 PM
Posted 19 May 2004 - 06:43 PM
1. Please use the AWDFLASH 8.23D or later to update NF7 series BIOS. With incorrect AWDFLASH version, the GUID will be erased, which leads to IEEE1394 peer to peer function failure. AWDFLASH 8.23K is included in this BIOS package.
2. Updated SATA BIOS to v4.2.47 (FOR NF7-S ONLY).
3. Enhanced USB 2.0 device compatibility, "Integrated Peripherals / OnChip PCI Device / USB 2.0 Device Compatible / Disabled -> Enabled".
4. Added Auto-Shutdown function when CCMOS jumper is on pin 2-3. The correct CCMOS jumper should be on pin 1-2; in case it is placed at 2-3, the CPU core voltage will be abnormally high, and the system will shut down automatically to protect the CPU from damage.
5. Fixed an issue where DOS 6.22 can't boot up on SATA HDD without a PS/2 mouse installed.
6. Added "SATA ROM ROM: Enabled / Disabled" option to improve SCSI card compatibility.
7. Changed the default year to 2004.
8. BIOS compile date: 03/18/2004.
Maybe you should consider an update, the 2.5 is available. www.abit.com.tw