AMD 2500+ Barton with Chaintech 7NJS

I have the original SPP Zenith, not the Ultra400.I'm about to pick up a 2500+ and would like to hear from anyone else with the same combo in regards to CPU multiplier.

This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar03.webp

5 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-11-16
I have the original SPP Zenith, not the Ultra400.

I'm about to pick up a 2500+ and would like to hear from anyone else with the same combo in regards to CPU multiplier.

Is it true the multiplier will be fully adjustable without having to unlock the CPU?

Also, what HSF would be best for 2500+ Barton? I'm looking at Volcano 12+ or 11+. Anyone got a better recommendation?

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register

This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

assets/images/contentteller/avatar_disabled.webp

0 Posts
Location -
Joined -
1. the Nf2 and NF2 ultra differ in FSB not in possibilities .... so if the Barton is unlocked (not 0340 or higher production week) ic can be OCed by multi
2. Volcano is a very good cooler get the Volcano 12 extreme ... and you got one of the best cooling solutions ever ... just read the W2S news for a review

data/avatar/default/avatar03.webp

79 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-06-09
for HS i recommend any of the SLK's i have a 2500+ barton and an SLK800, im using a YSTech fan with low db (dont really like the high humming) and decent cfm, not ocing i get 35c, now if i used a higher db/higher cfm fan i would get lower temps

data/avatar/default/avatar04.webp

55 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-05-03
Found a very funny with your motherboard model last week!

I gave an old 1700+ cpu to a friend who has the same mobo as you.
I always ran it at 2.1GHz and we found it to run the same in his machine which has been running for some time now.
Last week we were messing about and told it to run the ram asynchronously and set the speed to the same as the FSB manually. Immediately the cpu ran at 2.3GHz !!! We were amazed. Exited one very happy friend.

I hope it works for you too.