Nvidia v52.16 Major Problem

Ok just downloaded the new Nvidia v52.16 drivers from nvidia. com. Installed it, disabled my norton anti-virus, restarted comp and then tried to go into my GeForce Ti4200 Tab but got a error saying, Catostrophic Error.

This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar04.webp

252 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-03-22
Ok just downloaded the new Nvidia v52.16 drivers from nvidia.com. Installed it, disabled my norton anti-virus, restarted comp and then tried to go into my GeForce Ti4200 Tab but got a error saying, "Catostrophic Error". Then closing that I got some error to do with run.dll.
I've now roll backed to the previous v45.23.
Anybody else have this problem?

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register

This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar03.webp

21 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-07-09
I had exactly the same problem.

I uninstalled the 52.16 dets and used rip det to make sure. I reloaded 52.16 and everthing works fine now.

252 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-03-22
OP
rip det? What's that? Ok when you say uninstalled do you mean as in going to device manager, then your graphic cards properties then uninstall driver or did you rollback/install to previous driver?

252 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-03-22
OP
Nvm. I downloaded the international version and it worked .
Just curious, whats the difference between international and normal one apart from the language stuff.
Would there be possible a performance difference?

data/avatar/default/avatar03.webp

9 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-02-06
dunno what performance gains or otherwise u guys have been gettin with the new drivers, but personally im finding them to be one of the better updates in a looong time. Normally accident prone games like Halo havent crashed on me once yet (touch wood) and the visuals seem to be better than ever with only a minute performance loss. Well done Nvidia (at long last).

data/avatar/default/avatar02.webp

46 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-03-24
I tried 52.16 (international version) and the installation is working properly.

BUT (cause there's always a BUT) the TV-out has a problem : can't get *Full Screen* with those drivers.

Back to 46.23...

9 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-11-03
with the 52.16 on my 5900 Ultra...all benches i ran showed good improvement...however on BattleField 1942 w/ DC MOD...was terrible...loss of textues all over the place...unplayable. went back to the 44.03s