27" Flat CRT Recommendations... Toshiba or JVC?

I'm in the market for a new tv for my bedroom. I'm interested in the 27in flat crt televisions. After researching for a while, i've narrowed down to two tv's. They are the Toshiba 27AF43 and the JVC AV-27FA44.

This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar04.webp

3 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-10-06
I'm in the market for a new tv for my bedroom. I'm interested in the 27in flat crt televisions. After researching for a while, i've narrowed down to two tv's. They are the Toshiba 27AF43 and the JVC AV-27FA44. They both are similarly priced which makes it a tough decision. Which one should i get of the two and which one has better sound? thanks.

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register

This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar02.webp

500 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-02-09
toshiba sounds good , whats JVC nah just kidding .. both are good i think .. do a coin toss in the showroom. and get one .

assets/images/contentteller/avatar_disabled.webp

0 Posts
Location -
Joined -
I don't have any exp in that but I would choose JVC ..

3 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-10-06
OP
I checked out the jvc and toshiba at my local sears. I couldn't really compare video quality because the reception was poor on both televisions. However, i did get to test the sound of the jvc and it is amazing. You can actually feel the bass. I couldn't test out the toshiba's sound because there is no menu button on the tv... I don't understand how this tv doesn't have a menu button on the set....that was a turn off for me...and sears didn't have a remote on hand. So it looks like i may have to go back with a universal remote so i can check out the tv's menu.

data/avatar/default/avatar03.webp

21 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-07-09
It seems like you're gonna go for the JVC. Personally I would have gone for the Toshiba.

The picture quality of the Tosh is far superior to the JVC but if it's menu options you're looking for then the JVC is the one.

3 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-10-06
OP
Hi, i'm not looking for just menu options. I am choosing a set based on video and audio quality. Consumer reports rated the jvc 27fa44 very high...right below the toshiba 27af53 (which is the more advanced version of the 27af43). It also rated the picture quality as excellent. The toshiba 27af43 lacks color temperature control and picture modes. I went with the jvc and i've very happy with it. The picture and audio is fantastic.