Nero Overburning problem

Hi all, First post, so just like to introduce myself to the board. Right, here's my query: I'm trying to overburn mpegs/avis/divxs etc onto cd's. I'm using Zero Defex 90min+ 32x Cd's from www.

This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar03.webp

57 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-09-12
Hi all,

First post, so just like to introduce myself to the board.

Right, here's my query:

I'm trying to overburn mpegs/avis/divxs etc onto cd's. I'm using Zero Defex 90min+ 32x Cd's from www.cd-rmedia.co.uk. So I KNOW they are 800mb and 90min discs.

I have followed all the directions, using "disc-at-once", enabled overburn and set an appropriate level, checked my drive supports overburn, disabled multisession etc etc etc.

It doesn't even ask me if I want to overburn, it just says there's not enough room on the disc. I don't want to have to code each "video CD" for a couple of hours, cos they're rubbish.

Can anyone help?

Mark.

P.S. Is is possible that these cd's have a capacity for 800mb for audio, but only 700 for video? I head that somewhere.

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register

This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar01.webp

89 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-02-20
mark!

double/triple check that you have ticked the "enable disk at once overburning" option in the File>Preferences/Expert Features tab...

data/avatar/default/avatar02.webp

6 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-03-26
Yes, i have encountered this error aswell. It is a bug in this specific version and I would advise to downgrade to 6.0.0.11 until a newer build is released.

Funny that, one would have expected that they would be improving, not destroying their own features :wink:

Doh, forgot to mention that, yes double check that overburning is actually enabled.

What version of Nero are you using?

data/avatar/default/avatar01.webp

13 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-11-01
This bug is also present in the latest patch for the Nero 5.x series. The patch is question was released AFTER the 6.00.11 patch. It seems strange that its affected both the 5.x and 6.x lines, because of patches which were released within days of each other.

data/avatar/default/avatar04.webp

196 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-01-07
I've encountered the same problem at times. Try using different media...

assets/images/contentteller/avatar_disabled.webp

0 Posts
Location -
Joined -
yepp .... this mustn't be nero ... the only way to test that is to use another burning software ... if this doesn't work, too your burner is not able to use that high media or the media is incompatible to the burner ... check for firmwareupdate

57 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-09-12
OP
I'm running Nero 6.0.0.15, and I'm pretty sure overburning is enabled, and that my drive's firmware supports overburning. (drivers are all up to date etc)

Maybe it's just one of those things.

Ah wll, I'll just keep on trying stuff. Thanks for the quick replies.

Mark.

assets/images/contentteller/avatar_disabled.webp

0 Posts
Location -
Joined -
kinda strange but its not unusual that media does not work with spezific burner ... I haver ever had any problem burning CDRW till a friend wanted something put his CDRW in ... and nero was not able to burn ... first it detected 2x but it was able to use much more then it gave the error ... xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ... but the CDRW does work in my friends PC with nero ... so it must be burner ..

data/avatar/default/avatar02.webp

17 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-06-14
same problem here.
latest version of nero 6.0
latest firm version for liteon.
will not burn with or without the overburn checked.
seems to think it is a 70 minute disk

79 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-06-09
if you are having Nero 6.0.0.15 overburning problems even if you have 690mb and trying to burn on a 700mb cd but wont work, its a bug with the latest version, many people converted back to 5.5 or 6.0.0.11, but there seems to be a new patch that has been released though its not on nero's ftp yet

for the nero overburn patch click: here

i know it works cause i had the problem recently also and patched it up , didnt know everyone was having this problem thought i was the only one, wouldve posted this sooner (last week) if i checked this part of the forums