Warp has pop ups again

Can't you fix it by simply going into options and unchecking allow sites to uniquely identify this player ? By the way those traffichome popups are starting to get on my nerves.

This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar04.webp

516 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-06-25
yep seems u have got at least 1 pop up embedded again. :(

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register

This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar01.webp

5 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-08-11
Yeah, and if you use a PopUp stopper, the page wont load :x The page will first load, if you disable scripting.

netshelter.adtrix.com is stopping the page from being loaded, if you use a popup stopper :hmm:

data/avatar/default/avatar03.webp

499 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-12-18
Opera7 has a popup stopper, and im not seeing any popups/problems loading here

29 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-04-30
Are you talking about an ActiveX popup? I remember W2S used to have those. I use SpywareBlaster (Google it) which gets rid of all known ActiveX controls/popups that can cause harmful effects, and most likely contain spyware. It kills the BAD ActiveX controls only, by disabling them from within Internet Explorer.

Awesome program. :)

621 Posts
Location -
Joined 2001-08-26
If there is spyware or active X like weathercast / gator please report in and send me more details via email: contact@warp2search.com

We have a anti spyware policy on Warp to protect users from this shit. So please report in.

The others I know are ebay and webcrawler, a german search machine nothing serious.
Sorry guys, in internet business it s hard to exist without pops. If i would have a good bannercampain which would finance the site, i would remove the pops but atm it s a bit difficult cause of the summer.

You don t have to forget that i have to make a some revenue to keep the site going.

Would be great to don t block the harmless ads to support the site.

Best
Niels

29 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-04-30
I don't mind popups or ads that are needed to fund the site. If the popup is relatively safe, and I'm not thrown a million popups a day, that's kewl. Certain spyware pieces annoy me though, like the ActiveX stuff I talked about. Gladly this site dosen't seem to have those anymore.

363 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-04-11
the popups banners are region related...if u are in germany u get german ads...US peepz gets us ads ~~

i havent any atm here :P

34 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-06-09
It is rather annoying logging onto your favorite site which you have bookmarked and getting these banners popping up. I am from UK and i get US ads because everything is in us$$$ VERY annoying. I think its time to reinstall the popup killer or change to neowin :/

621 Posts
Location -
Joined 2001-08-26
It is rather annoying logging onto your favorite site which you have bookmarked and getting these banners popping up. I am from UK and i get US ads because everything is in us$$$ VERY annoying. I think its time to reinstall the popup killer or change to neowin :/

If you want a clean free site, send me 10 bucks a month and you will get ad free access. Or change to Neowin.

34 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-06-09
cant you just use banners instead of popups? popups are the worst ever

621 Posts
Location -
Joined 2001-08-26
cant you just use banners instead of popups? popups are the worst ever

If it would work out, I would do asap. But the banner campains we got placed atm are pretty bad.
If the people would click more or everybody, when we visit the site, leave the site with a click we all would not have a problem.

PopUps are much better paid than banners atm and the revenue with banners is pretty bad at the moment. (What means at the moment, the whole year).

In my opinion people think it s a game we are playing here. But it is not, it´s hard business with a daily fight for existence.
I try to find the best way between revenue generating and ad load (especially pops) and that the reason why we started the Ad Policy you can read a few posts above.

Today I received a new ad layout and i will test it. If it works ou, it can replace the pops.

34 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-06-09
$10 a month to run this site is VERY cheap! thats around £6, thats a couple of quid more than how much i pay. I was wondering how many people actually work together and run the warp2search site? if one person cant pay the $10 then i am sure 2 people could. Does anyone actualyl donate? $10 thats well good!!! What features do you get and who hosts it? i want to host with them :)

621 Posts
Location -
Joined 2001-08-26
$10 a month to run this site is VERY cheap! thats around £6, thats a couple of quid more than how much i pay. I was wondering how many people actually work together and run the warp2search site? if one person cant pay the $10 then i am sure 2 people could. Does anyone actualyl donate? $10 thats well good!!! What features do you get and who hosts it? i want to host with them

Yep, the site only costs 10 bucks a month :hmm: Why I am worried every month when the revenue cheques arrive and the bills for site comes in ?

34 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-06-09
I guess it all adds up! now go post some news on Office 2003 its been leaked and it seems to really be the final

:roll:

its great really...

34 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-06-09
did you add 2 popups? i think i am getting 2 popping up but no sure? i blocked the ad server which loads up ad pages like ebay etc. All i get is 2 blank windows

363 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-04-11
yup same here 2 popups
ebay and faked bsod popup

I wonder why i have popups only in windows xp
on win 2003 was everyting ok ~~

621 Posts
Location -
Joined 2001-08-26
did you add 2 popups? i think i am getting 2 popping up but no sure? i blocked the ad server which loads up ad pages like ebay etc. All i get is 2 blank windows

2 are placed but did not appear at same time, they appear randomly. Why do you care when u block them ?

Damm, I am sick about the discussion. Accept advertisement and get a free internet or block all and pay for services after a while when sites are not able to finance themselfs. We always care that the ad load is not so high and we try new techniques to find the best way but the way we go atm is the only way, maybe it changes, let s hope.

Why do you think sites more and more etablish "paid premium content" ? And a lot more to come.
It s your choice peepz........But as always... croud begins to cry and shout when it s to late.

About the bosd pop, should nt be there. One ebay and another is from a car insurance so nutting serious.