[off- topic] 2 bombs went off yesterday near my place

Two bombs went off in a bus. . i regulayly travel through that are to catch buses. Life is not so safe. So if i am inactive for some period of time there and there is news of bomb-blast near mumbai ,.

This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar02.webp

500 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-02-09
Two bombs went off in a bus .. i regulayly travel through that are to catch buses. Life is not so safe . So if i am inactive for some period of time there and there is news of bomb-blast near mumbai ,.. U understand .... .................................... . . .......

below is from a local news papers site Mid-day.com

"
Two bombs, not one, went off in BEST bus number 340 at Ghatkopar last night, the Mumbai police suspect.

“Early evidence suggests one of the bombs was hidden below the last seat on the right side and the other beneath the last seat on the left,†said Senior Police Inspector Jalinder Khandagale of the Bomb Detection and Disposal Squad.

The question on their minds now is how the blast perpetrators succeeded in detonating the two explosives at the same moment, Khandagale said.

Bombs identical to those in Vile Parle, Mulund blasts

Two people died in yesterday´s explosion in a BEST bus on Lal Bahadur Shastri Marg, Ghatkopar, while over 30 were injured.

Senior Police Inspector Jalinder Khandagale of the Bomb Detection and Disposal Squad (BDDS) said the bombs used were improvised explosive devices (IEDs), which had also been used in the Vile Parle blast on January 27 and the Mulund train explosion on March 13 this year.

Ghatkopar bomb blast: Photo Essay

IEDs are sophisticated bombs manufactured from commonly available chemicals, namely, potassium chlorate, potassium nitrate, potassium permanganate and ammonium nitrite, which act as an “oxidiser.†Materials like sulphur, aluminum powder, arsenic sulphide, charcoal and sugar in finely powdered form act as “fuel†for the oxidiser.

The “oxidiser†and “fuel†are mixed in an equal ratio to form an explosive mixture. Concentrated sulphuric acid is used to initiate the explosive charge.

Another BDDS officer said, “Ammonium nitrate and gelatin sticks seem to be among the components of the bomb. We have handed over the burned articles from the blast site to the forensics department. The report will be complete today.â€

The BDDS, however, is not yet sure of the splinters used in yesterday´s explosion.

“The rear of the bus was completely destroyed due to the explosion, but the middle and front were not badly damaged. Yet the intensity of the explosion was such that a motorcylist following the bus was thrown 15 feet away by its sheer force,†Khandagale pointed out.

"

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register

This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar04.webp

196 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-01-07
sorry to hear your news, my brother. It all seems so cowardly and pointless from my viewpoint. Best wishes and "stay safe" to you and yours...

data/avatar/default/avatar01.webp

26 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-06-23
It's sad when "people" reach the point that they believe violence against the general public is the only way they can make a statement.
Keep yourself safe, but don't let those fools control your life.

data/avatar/default/avatar01.webp

501 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-11-19
I think you should start taking a peddle bike instead,
just for your safety