internet explorer problem

In one of the updates was there a pop up blocker? cause no pop ups or java works at all on my machine now? anyone else have this problem? whats the fix? like a idiot i had automatic updateing on and something ain't right.

This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar01.webp

7 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-06-01
In one of the updates was there a pop up blocker? cause no pop ups or java works at all on my machine now? anyone else have this problem? whats the fix? like a idiot i had automatic updateing on and something ain't right....HELP!

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register

This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

614 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-03-21
Just re-download java and dont worry about pop-ups - no one likes them.

501 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-11-19
yea, MS got Sued by Sun and Sun Won, so MS had to take java out of IE

Download either the sun java
or look for Microsoft VM on the internet some where for download
I recommend VM

8 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-05-17
Apparently this is caused because of some registry key's pointing to the wrong location of a dll file (Urlmon.dll) or you are missing some DLL's.

Microsoft has documented and hosted a fix for this problem which is located here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...Q281679&sd=tech

Here is Microsoft's quick fix: (they have some registry modification documentation on the link I provided above if this doesnt work.)

RESOLUTION
To resolve this problem in Internet Explorer, follow these steps:
Quit all programs that are running.
Click Start, and then click Run.
Type regsvr32 urlmon.dll, and then click OK.
When you receive the "DllRegisterServer in urlmon.dll succeeded" message, click OK.
If this does not resolve the problem, repeat steps 2 through 4 for each of the following files (in step 3, replace Urlmon.dll with each of the file names below):
Shdocvw.dll
Msjava.dll
Actxprxy.dll
Oleaut32.dll
Mshtml.dll
Browseui.dll
Shell32.dll (Windows XP and Windows 2000 only)

This should fix your issue. It fixed a few systems at work last week. Let use know how it goes!

8 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-05-17
Sorry, I should also add that if Java is the only issue you are having I believe XP SP1 has VM included.. not sure tho with the recent news..

7 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-06-01
OP
so far none of thats worked....thanks for the help tho!

7 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-06-01
OP
so far none of thats worked....thanks for the help tho!

well i lied or didn't do it right...now everything is working great!!!! thanks a ton!! this is what i used

RESOLUTION
To resolve this problem in Internet Explorer, follow these steps:
Quit all programs that are running.
Click Start, and then click Run.
Type regsvr32 urlmon.dll, and then click OK.
When you receive the "DllRegisterServer in urlmon.dll succeeded" message, click OK.
If this does not resolve the problem, repeat steps 2 through 4 for each of the following files (in step 3, replace Urlmon.dll with each of the file names below):
Shdocvw.dll
Msjava.dll
Actxprxy.dll
Oleaut32.dll
Mshtml.dll
Browseui.dll
Shell32.dll (Windows XP and Windows 2000 only)

data/avatar/default/avatar02.webp

1 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-06-04
Hey guys , I came here trying to fix my windows xp problem and I found this post. I thought it would help because I am having problems with explorer. Anyway I clicked on the link in someone's post and tried the fix. Well now I've made a mess cause my java won't work now.

This is what i did :

Clicked start;and then run.
Typed regsvr32 urlmon.dll then ok
got the message: "Dll register sever in urlmon.dll succeeded"

what have i done you guys ........ please tell me i can go back and undo this. I tried system restore and it won't let me.

I should have just left well enough alone. One problem was bad enough and now i've made another.

Lisa

7 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-06-01
OP
I did them all....i printed it and then closed everything running as it said....then took the print out and did them all!.....but if its just a Java Problem just reinstall Java

just redownload it from here

ftp://ftp.visualware.com/pub/java/msjavx86.exe

5 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-06-05
I think you just need reset the internet explorer's options to default and will fix the problem.