DVD player

I got power DVD with my ati 9500, and win DVD with my motherboard. Does power DVD work better with ati cards, or do they both work equaly as well. Can I install both without them conflicting anyway?.

This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar01.webp

44 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-09-12
I got power DVD with my ati 9500, and win DVD with my motherboard. Does power DVD work better with ati cards, or do they both work equaly as well. Can I install both without them conflicting anyway?

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register

This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

99 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-08-15
Yo man
Powerdvd has better video quality and audio quality.
Also powerdvd has better sound and video options.
I use powerdvd, and i recommend you do too.
But windvd is fine too.

277 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-02-10
Both are almost exactly the same. You didn't mention what versions you got, but if one is later than the other you might find it works better. (sometimes you get really old versions in the bundles)

The later versions of both have full hardware support for ATI cards so it's really upto personal prefrence as to what you use.

data/avatar/default/avatar02.webp

2 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-03-15
Chicken's right. ATI used to base their DVD around the Cinemaster codec, now all the new ATI DVD software is basically PowerDVD with a slick interface. I used to get a better picture quality out of ATi/Cinemaster, but 5.1 audio would take a dump big time with the Raviscient audio codec (skip, out of synch, etc.) The new PowerDVD is right up there in IQ now, and the sound has always been better.