Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What does "Intel Confidential" mean?

11 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I recently purchased a Pc on Ebay. I checked all the components when it arrived and noticed that my CPU, A pentium 4 2.53ghz CPU was labelled "Intel Confidential" Is this a genuine P4 CPU or should I contact the seller and request another CPU. I am running it on an Intel D845EBT motherboard.

Any help will be appreciated

Arnie

Posted · Report post

isn't intel confidential an unlocked engineering sample? you may have the holy grail there son!

Posted · Report post

"Intel Confidential" does indeed indicate that you are in possession of an unlocked CPU. These are rare finds and you are advised to hang onto it (or give it to me).

The processor should have an unlocked multiplier allowing you to overclock without changing FSB speed given that your mainboard/BIOS supports multiplier settings.

Posted · Report post

I recently purchased a Pc on Ebay. I checked all the components when it arrived and noticed that my CPU, A pentium 4 2.53ghz CPU was labelled "Intel Confidential" Is this a genuine P4 CPU or should I contact the seller and request another CPU. I am running it on an Intel D845EBT motherboard.

Any help will be appreciated

Arnie

Sell to highest bidder :P

Posted · Report post

The CPU is of no use to me because my (stupid) mobo doesnt allow any overclocking (either FSB or multiplier).

So I will swop it for another CPU (a 2.66 would be nice).

Any takers?

Posted · Report post

You must be joking...

Why on Earth would you want to rid yourself of the 2.53 to go to 2.66? The perfomance delta would be negligible. This is especially true as your mainboard is of the single channel DDR variety. You are not likely to get any performance increase by upgrading your CPU on this board.

If you really want to unload this CPU then inform us how this will happen. How do we contact each other, get info on the goods, and possibly pay for it and shipping?

Posted · Report post

If you are interested send me an email on arnie0007@blueyonder.co.uk.

Arnie

Posted · Report post

you fool then buy a new motherboard not a new processor!

or sell the thing on ebay 'UNLOCKED PENTIUM 4 2.53 GHz' and earn a friggin fortune!

Posted · Report post

I have an Intel Confidential Q92NES '03 RK80546PG0961M M410c543

0273 cpu its on a Intel Desktop Board. My question is , what do I have? I would like to know if this board would be a bette upgrade to my Dell Dimension 2.53Ghz Intel Celeron processor?

Ron

Canada

Posted (edited) · Report post

I have an Intel Confidential Q92NES '03 RK80546PG0961M M410c543

0273 cpu its on a Intel Desktop Board. My question is , what do I have? I would like to know if this board would be a bette upgrade to my Dell Dimension 2.53Ghz Intel Celeron processor?

Ron

Canada

You have a P4 3.4E as per here

http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Pentium_4/Intel-Pentium%204%203.4%20GHz%20-%20RK80546PG0961M%20(BX80546PG3400E).html

and

http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=27505&processor=&spec-codes=

One of the last P4's made, it probably won't work in your current system, unless the BIOS supports it (unlikely)

Edited by mobilenvidia

Posted · Report post

I have aquired an Intel Confidential cpu and wondering who, if anyone can tell me what the cpu is. Here is the stamped info:

Intel (M) © /08

Intel Confidential

Q2KH ES A4

CM80616002838AA

C910A502 (E4)

Thanks in advance, and will provide a photo if necessary, This just isnt my area of specialty.