Dell Dimension 9100 - Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi - NO sound

Hi all, I have recently had to do a system restore on my Dell Dimension 9100 (Windows XP SP2) and revert it back to it's factory settings (as new). I realise the machine is old but I've never really had any problems with it and since the restore, I've had no sound at all.

This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar04.webp

2 Posts
Location -
Joined 2009-05-10
Hi all,

I have recently had to do a system restore on my Dell Dimension 9100 (Windows XP SP2) and revert it back to it's factory settings (as new). I realise the machine is old but I've never really had any problems with it and since the restore, I've had no sound at all. Not for music, no system sounds, no nothing.

I've run every diagnostic test and all other tests I could have possibly run, all to no avail. I have tried to download new/latest drivers but I'm not entirely sure where the problem actually is.

I'd be so grateful if anyone could advise me or suggest anything that may help at all. I'm pulling my hair out and wondering if a new PC is the answer (last resort though really).

Thank you for reading,
Laura x

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register

This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar04.webp

2 Posts
Location -
Joined 2009-05-10
OP
goto this forum

http://forums.creative.com/creativelabs/bo...id=soundblaster

and take one one the daniel_k support packs (depending on which X-Fi you got)
just check the release notes for the packages

you may use the setup.exe uninstall function first

Thank you, I am downloading it now. I really really hope it works. Thanks for your help.. :)