usb drivers

i have a small prob. my pc is running on winxp sp2 and is fully updated. but i still have a problem with my usb ports. i have an external hdd that i can connect to a usb port and the pc isn't detecting the hdd as a device through usb.

This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar03.webp

1 Posts
Location -
Joined 2008-04-16
i have a small prob. my pc is running on winxp sp2 and is fully updated. but i still have a problem with my usb ports. i have an external hdd that i can connect to a usb port and the pc isn't detecting the hdd as a device through usb. the notification that a usb device has been detected appiers but i'm unable to see the drive.

any suggestions?

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register

This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

assets/images/contentteller/avatar_disabled.webp

0 Posts
Location -
Joined -
with seeing the drive do you mean something like E: in "My Computer" ?

can you find the drive in the windows disk management? (right click "my Computer" --> manage)

data/avatar/default/avatar02.webp

202 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-10-05
Are you running this on a single pc or is connected to a network?
If so, do you have any network-drives mapped? If yes, put the network-drives to the end of the alphabet.
Start with "z" and go backwards. Otherwise this might cause you to not see the connected local drive.

data/avatar/default/avatar02.webp

1 Posts
Location -
Joined 2012-03-29
This problem is only doing by HDD or with another plug in drive like flash drive if this problem creating the same issue with every one then you need to update your driver or you can repair your USB port and Technical Support also a better option.