how to adjust speaker balance/ volume using ALSA APIs

Hi All, I am new to ALSA and have started with configuring the ALSA config file. asoundrc. I am able to control percentage amount of output to different channels, be it 2 or 4.

This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar03.webp

1 Posts
Location -
Joined 2008-04-08
Hi All,

I am new to ALSA and have started with configuring the ALSA config file .asoundrc . I am able to control percentage amount of output to different channels, be it 2 or 4. Let me explain how I do it : I create the configuration nodes in the .asoundrc . Then in the ttable I specify the %age amount for each channel. This way my different applications can use different nodes(currently am using mplayer) and accordingly control the %age amount of output to different channels. The problem I am facing is to have this configured on the fly i.e. during playback I actually want to vary the sound output, like we have in most of the players. Something like the Volume Balancer. How can this be done. Should we write into the .asoundrc and then restart the player or should one make use of the ALSA APIs to re-configure it. Please advise as I couldnt really find any API which could perform the same task on the run.

Thanks in Advance
Varun
varun12598@gmail.com

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register

This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.