getting error while reading eventlog in Longhorn?

Hey, I am getting error while reading event log for a Longhorn machine. I am reading event log soemthing like this: ::OpenEventLog() ::ReadEventLog() – I read this event log in a buffer size equivalent to “EVENTLOGRECORD†structure.

This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar01.webp

1 Posts
Location -
Joined 2008-03-25
Hey,

I am getting error while reading event log for a Longhorn machine. I am reading event log soemthing like this:

::OpenEventLog()
::ReadEventLog() – I read this event log in a buffer size equivalent to “EVENTLOGRECORD†structure.

I am able to read the name of the event and Event ID´s correctly. But I am getting error in reading the event Description. The method I am using is to read the registry at following location to get path for the image file:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetServicesEventlogApplication

When we read description from this image file I am getting error: here is one of the error messages for one of the event generated for “Desktop Window Managerâ€:

The description for Event ID ( 9009 ) in Source ( Desktop Window Manager ) could not be found. It contains the following insertion string(s): 0x40010004

Error Message: The specified resource type cannot be found in the image file. (0x00000715)

Message Dll(s): C$Windowssystem32dwm.exe

Can anybody tell me what´s going wrong? I am able to read event log for other OS machines.

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register

This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.