replacement socket 939 proc

need a new socket 939 proc I need a new socket 939 proc My AMD FX-57 just puked. I need a new proc for my Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe socket 939 mobo. What's the best bang for the buck that comapres to or is a better proc than the single-core 2.

This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar04.webp

196 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-01-07
need a new socket 939 proc

I need a new socket 939 proc

My AMD FX-57 just puked. I need a new proc for my Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe socket 939 mobo. What's the best bang for the buck that comapres to or is a better proc than the single-core 2.8 ghz FX-57? I'd like the fastest dual-core socket 939 proc I can get. What are the specs, who has it and what's the best price on it? I NEED IT ASAP!!!

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register

This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

51 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-01-10
I guess if you rely solely on the answers from this forum you'll be waiting in vain. How about looking at some online retailers and see which S939 cpus they still sell. don't expect to get a huge variety, the lower end models might still be available but nothing of the FX57 class. Maybe you will get an X2 3600+ if you're lucky but low end single core models are wider spread. Or you might go for an opteron, but those are extremely high priced. Eventually you've got to concede that Socket 939 is obsolete and anything you'll buy now is too expensive for the performance it will deliver.

196 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-01-07
OP
I guess if you rely solely on the answers from this forum you'll be waiting in vain. How about looking at some online retailers and see which S939 cpus they still sell. don't expect to get a huge variety, the lower end models might still be available but nothing of the FX57 class. Maybe you will get an X2 3600+ if you're lucky but low end single core models are wider spread. Or you might go for an opteron, but those are extremely high priced. Eventually you've got to concede that Socket 939 is obsolete and anything you'll buy now is too expensive for the performance it will deliver.

196 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-01-07
OP
:thankyou:thanx for the info, I'm desperate...