Terrible Verification Image on Registration

I had been a member of this site for a few years but hadn't logged in for a few months (reformat/reinstall and lose cookies). Since the old accounts got ditched, I had to re-register.

This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar03.webp

2 Posts
Location -
Joined 2008-01-25
I had been a member of this site for a few years but hadn't logged in for a few months (reformat/reinstall and lose cookies). Since the old accounts got ditched, I had to re-register. Who ever chose the provider of those verification images ought to have his eyeballs peeled! Between myself and my 2 kids (all of whom have great eyes) it took around 20 refreshes of the verification image to get one that was actually discernable and that was only be downloading the png of the image and running it through a filter to make the numbers/letters more apparent.

I'd suggest the site admins take a peek at that! It took us 10 minutes of work to get registered and I suspect that most users wouldn't want that hassle just to see comments.

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register

This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar02.webp

10223 Posts
Location -
Joined 2001-08-25
Sorry for the inconvenience. The last MyBB update breaked the captcha function again. I just fixed it.

data/avatar/default/avatar03.webp

2 Posts
Location -
Joined 2008-01-25
OP
Sorry for the inconvenience. The last MyBB update breaked the captcha function again. I just fixed it.

Thanks Phillip!