lost my marbles... and a driver or 2

my computer was having an issue with huge amounts of memory usage being used on minor or even background programs. i looked around online and asked a few computer literate friends what was wrong.

This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar02.webp

2 Posts
Location -
Joined 2008-01-13
my computer was having an issue with huge amounts of memory usage being used on minor or even background programs. i looked around online and asked a few computer literate friends what was wrong. pretty much everyone said that it was the firewall on my video card and to just remove it since i have a decent anti-virus and my mother board and router firewalls besides. so i went into my add or remove programs and went into my nvidia driver setup removed something i wasnt supposed to... and now if i let my computer boot up it gets to the black screen just after loading windows and before the login screen and thats it. then if i go to safe mode from boot up i can get to the login screen but i cant use my mouse or keyboard. i use a usb mouse and keyboard. so i got ran through the fun plug it in, unplug it, plug it in thing. ive use the generic mouse and keyboard plug in ports since i heard usb doesnt work in safe mode but that got me no where. and i know my hard drive isnt fried since i can still plug it into other computers.
any suggestions would make me happy even if they dont help. at least i have something to do and it makes me feel like im going somewhere :D

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register

This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

assets/images/contentteller/avatar_disabled.webp

0 Posts
Location -
Joined -
nvidia does not only produce graphics cards, so I suppose you have uninstalled the drivers for your nvidia MOTHERBOARD ...

You should ask around if anyone of your friends has a PS2 keyboard / mouse which should always work
OR
you can try going to your BIOS and hit "enable USB keyboard support" (or so - check your manual) which MAY help (I have never tried)

data/avatar/default/avatar02.webp

2 Posts
Location -
Joined 2008-01-13
OP
Thanks for the quick reply Mertsch,

i borrowed my neighbors PS/2 mouse and keyboard but they dont work on the login screen during safemode either. i also turned on my usb keyboard support but it didnt do anything for me either.

but i believe you where right that i deleted my motherboard drivers. is thier anyway for me to put em back in? i currently have an Asus
A8N32-SLI Deluxe motherboard.

assets/images/contentteller/avatar_disabled.webp

0 Posts
Location -
Joined -
This looks like windows crashes on the login screen, because PS2 MUST work...
this pretty much looks like you have to reinstall windows

I can't think of any practical way to "remotely" install the nvidia drivers

the only thing I could think of is the "restore last known good configuration" entry in the windows boot menu (pressing F8 before booting to windows)