Trouble installing Nvidia drivers

163.71_forceware_winxp_32bit_english_beta is the name of the driver I am trying to install. I can get it started and almost finish installing before I am told that this driver is not signed with Windows XP and is not compatible, even though the driver seems to be.

This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar01.webp

4 Posts
Location -
Joined 2007-10-01
163.71_forceware_winxp_32bit_english_beta is the name of the driver I am trying to install. I can get it started and almost finish installing before I am told that this driver is not signed with Windows XP and is not compatible, even though the driver seems to be. This is really troubling me, please tell me there is an easy way out that I am not seeing. I have the GeForce 7600 GT and have windows XP. And yes, I do go to System > Drive Manager and uninstall all video drivers before I try to install Nvidia.

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register

This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

4 Posts
Location -
Joined 2007-10-01
OP
I installed that version, but my comp crashes in the middle of installation each time. When I restart my computer, the screen is black after the windows logo and all I see is my cursor and my screen continously shuts off and on. Now I took out my graphics card and am running on the motherboard since I can't even log in on the card. thanks for your help :)

assets/images/contentteller/avatar_disabled.webp

0 Posts
Location -
Joined -
I installed that version, but my comp crashes in the middle of installation each time. When I restart my computer, the screen is black after the windows logo and all I see is my cursor and my screen continously shuts off and on. Now I took out my graphics card and am running on the motherboard since I can't even log in on the card. thanks for your help

try
1. deinstall the driver
... reboot
2. run driver sweeper
http://www.guru3d.com/index.php?page=driversweeper
3. reinstall the driver

if this does not work ... your card or your windows is seriously damaged

try out the card on another PC .... if it works then you have pretty much only one choice left ... reinstall windows

4 Posts
Location -
Joined 2007-10-01
OP
Yea, it didn't work. I dont know if the problem is with my use of driver sweeper, but I Used it and selected the ATI and NVIDIA selections and rebooted my comp, but the options were still there, which I'm guessing is supposed to happen. Also my installation of NVIDIA starts in the middle when I tried to Install it and doesn't move, instead Windows crashes and gives me this error.

Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area.
Technical : 0x000000050(0x34D691B8,0x00000000,0x80527L58,0x00000002)
Maybe a problem in my BioS? I am a newblet. Thanks for helping so far.

4 Posts
Location -
Joined 2007-10-01
OP
Hmm. I tried manually installing it from Device Manage by doing Update driver and choosing the 163.71_forceware_winxp_32bit_english_whql uninstalled files, and it still gave me a compatibility message, saying that windows may crash in the future or immediately, so I am leaning towards a reinstallation of windows.

assets/images/contentteller/avatar_disabled.webp

0 Posts
Location -
Joined -
driversweeper doesn't do anything before you hit start .. so you do always get the choices

its the best thing you can do .. since you seem to have some major trouble there
dunno how long it has been since you last installed windows
if you have enough disk space you can do a complete HDD backup with something like True Image (http://www.acronis.com) to avoid any data loss

data/avatar/default/avatar03.webp

1 Posts
Location -
Joined 2011-07-29
Hello and good day to all.Thanks for the info

data/avatar/default/avatar02.webp

3 Posts
Location -
Joined 2010-10-03
No offense intended, but this has got to be one of the slowest forums ever. FOUR YEARS between the start of the thread and the most recent post!?!!!?????!!?! Wow.

4 Posts
Location -
Joined 2011-05-10
Hey guys u did a good job all day thanks for share