need automatic OC software

i use a program for my athlon xp called 8rdavcore that allows me to automatically overclock/underclock the cpu based on cpu usage. i was wondering if anyone knows of any software that would work on a P4EE (gallatin)/875p to do the same thing.

This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar01.webp

3 Posts
Location -
Joined 2005-11-16
i use a program for my athlon xp called 8rdavcore that allows me to automatically overclock/underclock the cpu based on cpu usage. i was wondering if anyone knows of any software that would work on a P4EE (gallatin)/875p to do the same thing. the reason for this is to lower the heat and energy usage during low usage times but still not have to manually change the values when it's gaming time or something else cpu intensive.

i should also add that i would like for it to be able to change voltages too

thanks

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register

This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar04.webp

196 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-01-07
You didn't state what brand of motherboard you have. Several manufacturers have software included that dies exactly what you want. Gigabyte, Asus Asrock, Foxcomm, MSI, etc. all have different choices depending on the mobo/proc combination. It's important to get all the facts straight before you start playing with the FSB, voltages, etc. or you'll end up with a nice, smoky mess (I love the smell of roasted proc in the morning)
You've come to the right place for OC'ing info but you need to be more specific. I am using this proc just as an an example, not an endorsement but a you can get well over 4GHZ out of it with just a FSB adjustment and that's with the stock CPU fan. Do your "homework" and you'll be more than satisfied..

http://www10.shopping.com/xFS-Intel_Dual-C...nkin_id-1200452