Demo News

Hi, I'm a long time visitor of warp2search and it's nice to see the news machine up and running again, having to check the main page a few times a day not to miss any news.

This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar01.webp

3 Posts
Location -
Joined 2007-08-14
Hi,

I'm a long time visitor of warp2search and it's nice to see the news machine up and running again, having to check the main page a few times a day not to miss any news...

I do have a suggestion about the demos coming from Demo News. If you're insisting on posting about such games as Atomic Cannon, Lifetime R.S.V.P., Machines at War and all, could you just pack it in one news ? Post a list once a day ? :)

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register

This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

Administrator

data/avatar/default/avatar02.webp

11692 Posts
Location -
Joined 2007-08-06
That's not so easy - but we'll have them post less "fluff". Maybe freeware and some of the bigger names? Something like that.

Demonews isn't the typical 3d shooter rehash site though. It more of the quick, fun free/cheap arcade stuff. Games that don't require a lifestyle change to learn. :)

assets/images/contentteller/avatar_disabled.webp

0 Posts
Location -
Joined -
I was about to write something regarding the demos, too
I really think those new should be abolished completely ... I mean .. I like game news ... but it should be news like "Quake 3 Arena is now Open Source" or some other major news
If I want to know about any little demo out there I can visit demonews directly!
W2S was always about tech news and not game demos and I think a lot of ppl. will stop visiting the site if this "spam" continues

data/avatar/default/avatar01.webp

3 Posts
Location -
Joined 2007-08-14
OP
Don't take it the wrong way, I didn't mean to offend, just a friendly suggestion. I'm sure you'll find a compromise in the end.
Thanks for the replies. :)

Administrator

data/avatar/default/avatar02.webp

11692 Posts
Location -
Joined 2007-08-06
No offense taken – Love suggestions and opinions. That is what makes the world great.

But I don´t think it is fair to call it spam though. Of the last 50 post there was one from DemoNews and that as pretty neat piece of freeware. Of the last few posted, they were some of the most highly viewed by the readers – so some people like them.

Personally, sure I think the latest Quake or Halo news is sexier than a nice pac-man clone but there are a lot of folks who would like to know about the pac-man clone – so I don´t think that style of game should be ignored simply because it is not a top ten 3d accelerated game. Also, if you are going to cover some games – you should try and different styles.

In a nutshell I think what I am trying to say is all tech and no play makes geeks dull boys.

At then end of the day though – there´s just a couple of us, with other gigs, trying very hard to resurrect what w2s used to be and move it forward. We´ve only been at it a few days. It´s going to take a little time to get a feel for everything – so please let us know how we are doing. But also, please be patient with some of our personal indulgences. :)